Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

The Wii U - Nintendo's best "failure" - Batman Arkham City - 3/16

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Nintendo is the company that seems to make their best games when they have hardware that is struggling to sell. Same thing happened with GameCube and look at all the classics that console had going for it!

Still one of my fav consoles of all time. Curious what peoples favorite games are though? Still have two open slots for game specific episodes I am debating over

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I think it's a pretty cool system. Probably my favorite game is Wind Waker HD, mainly just because I always loved Wind Waker and the Wii U version did a great job of reproducing the original with some pretty significant enhancements. I also like Game & Wario and Tank! Tank! Tank!, although the latter I haven't played that much. Star Fox Zero is kind of interesting too - the gameplay mechanisms are really unique, although it can be a little confusing at times, and the graphics are pretty appealing.

I think a big part of why it failed is the name. It's just a terrible name - I think a lot of people heard the name and couldn't fathom what it even means, and at that point just immediately lost interest.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I think it's a pretty cool system. Probably my favorite game is Wind Waker HD, mainly just because I always loved Wind Waker and the Wii U version did a great job of reproducing the original with some pretty significant enhancements. I also like Game & Wario and Tank! Tank! Tank!, although the latter I haven't played that much. Star Fox Zero is kind of interesting too - the gameplay mechanisms are really unique, although it can be a little confusing at times, and the graphics are pretty appealing.

I think a big part of why it failed is the name. It's just a terrible name - I think a lot of people heard the name and couldn't fathom what it even means, and at that point just immediately lost interest.
You’d think Microsoft would have learned and not named their new console Series X lol

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
You’d think Microsoft would have learned and not named their new console Series X lol

Yeah. It seems bizarre how Sony seems to be the only company that knows how to properly name their consoles. It’s more boring, but it means that there’s no confusion about which one is which or how they relate to each other. It seems like it really should be a no-brainer for every company, but it’s not - which makes you question how their decision-making process is seemingly so screwed up. If Microsoft had just named their new system something simple like the Xbox 4, just that alone would help them a lot, I think.

dark

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
Lots of high quality first party games and the system has Fast Racing Neo which is an insanely good spiritual successor to FZero. The name definitely hurt it, some casual people honestly thought it was the same console as the original Wii, or like a slight upgrade to it rather than next gen hardware (compared to Wii). The system kind of gives me a similar vibe to the dreamcast.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

one of the best main like Mario games for sure

Reactions: Jackhammer

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Such an amazing game both gameplay wise and visually

MRKane

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
MRKane05
AG Join Date
May 16, 2016
I love the Wii U and my partner and I still play it frequently. The one that keeps coming to mind for me is Zombi U - it's a broken mess of a game but still Ubisoft truly tried to use the console for its worth as they did with Rayman Legends.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
I love the Wii U and my partner and I still play it frequently. The one that keeps coming to mind for me is Zombi U - it's a broken mess of a game but still Ubisoft truly tried to use the console for its worth as they did with Rayman Legends.

Have a Zombi U video coming tuesday :)

Reactions: MRKane

MRKane

Registered
Jun 8, 2019
AGName
MRKane05
AG Join Date
May 16, 2016
I've played through Zombi U several times now, possibly because I've not forgiven it for ending my survivor run by having my character fall through the ground to her death. The game is a hot broken mess that I've forever wished had had the issues fixed, I love it and hate it at the same time but mostly lament what it could have been - I'll be keen to see what your opinion on it is!

Dr. DinoDung

Jan 24, 2021
Wii U... I love it and hate it at the same time. I think it's one of Nintendo's least appealing consoles and it has some serious flaws, but at the same time it has some great games in its library that are a ton of fun to play. Unfortunately, Wii U is becoming more and more obsolete because of all the (often superiour) Switch ports.

I recommend playing Mushroom Battle mode in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It's ridiculously funny!

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Wii U... I love it and hate it at the same time. I think it's one of Nintendo's least appealing consoles and it has some serious flaws, but at the same time it has some great games in its library that are a ton of fun to play. Unfortunately, Wii U is becoming more and more obsolete because of all the (often superiour) Switch ports.

I recommend playing Mushroom Battle mode in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It's ridiculously funny!

The games make the console for me

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Such an amazing game. Deserves more credit than it gets

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Hands down one of the best new Nintendo franchises in years

Reactions: Jackhammer

Jackhammer

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Jackhammer
AG Join Date
July 14th 2008
Still have my Wii U, but end up buying the same games again on the Switch. I told myself I wouldn't get Mario 3D World again, but I'm currently playing it on the Switch...

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
Still have my Wii U, but end up buying the same games again on the Switch. I told myself I wouldn't get Mario 3D World again, but I'm currently playing it on the Switch...

I told myself the same thing and I ordered it too

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Such a quirky and weird franchise but damn I love it

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019