Welcome, Guest!

Here are some external resources you may find helpful

The Wii U - Nintendo's best "failure" - Super Mario 3D World - 1/12

Awbacon

Registered
Registered
Reaction score

Nintendo is the company that seems to make their best games when they have hardware that is struggling to sell. Same thing happened with GameCube and look at all the classics that console had going for it!

Still one of my fav consoles of all time. Curious what peoples favorite games are though? Still have two open slots for game specific episodes I am debating over

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I think it's a pretty cool system. Probably my favorite game is Wind Waker HD, mainly just because I always loved Wind Waker and the Wii U version did a great job of reproducing the original with some pretty significant enhancements. I also like Game & Wario and Tank! Tank! Tank!, although the latter I haven't played that much. Star Fox Zero is kind of interesting too - the gameplay mechanisms are really unique, although it can be a little confusing at times, and the graphics are pretty appealing.

I think a big part of why it failed is the name. It's just a terrible name - I think a lot of people heard the name and couldn't fathom what it even means, and at that point just immediately lost interest.

Awbacon

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a pretty cool system. Probably my favorite game is Wind Waker HD, mainly just because I always loved Wind Waker and the Wii U version did a great job of reproducing the original with some pretty significant enhancements. I also like Game & Wario and Tank! Tank! Tank!, although the latter I haven't played that much. Star Fox Zero is kind of interesting too - the gameplay mechanisms are really unique, although it can be a little confusing at times, and the graphics are pretty appealing.

I think a big part of why it failed is the name. It's just a terrible name - I think a lot of people heard the name and couldn't fathom what it even means, and at that point just immediately lost interest.
You’d think Microsoft would have learned and not named their new console Series X lol

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
You’d think Microsoft would have learned and not named their new console Series X lol

Yeah. It seems bizarre how Sony seems to be the only company that knows how to properly name their consoles. It’s more boring, but it means that there’s no confusion about which one is which or how they relate to each other. It seems like it really should be a no-brainer for every company, but it’s not - which makes you question how their decision-making process is seemingly so screwed up. If Microsoft had just named their new system something simple like the Xbox 4, just that alone would help them a lot, I think.

dark

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
Lots of high quality first party games and the system has Fast Racing Neo which is an insanely good spiritual successor to FZero. The name definitely hurt it, some casual people honestly thought it was the same console as the original Wii, or like a slight upgrade to it rather than next gen hardware (compared to Wii). The system kind of gives me a similar vibe to the dreamcast.