Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Tower of Babel Dreamcast Tech Demo version 2 ( whit informations system on the screen) release.

Sega Dreamcast Info

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Tower of Babel Dreamcast Tech Demo version 2 release :

This is a Tech Demo made by Yu Suzuki for the event "The Sega New Challenge Conference" (the first time Sega unveiled the Dreamcast).

There would be several versions of this demo including this one with system information on the screen.

Be careful, it works only on emulator.

Tower of Babel Dreamcast Tech Demo Debug Menu.jpg

Yakumo

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know why this and the original rip don't work on true Dreamcast hardware?

accel99

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Accel99
AG Join Date
March 28 2008
Does anyone know why this and the original rip don't work on true Dreamcast hardware?

I think set 4 and lower release just don't seem to work on retail DC without some work. Future city was the same way.

Though IAM confused, this guy says he hacked the first release to work on retail or did I misunderstand?

speedyink

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
I think set 4 and lower release just don't seem to work on retail DC without some work. Future city was the same way.

Though IAM confused, this guy says he hacked the first release to work on retail or did I misunderstand?
I'm gonna try it, will update

Edit: Kinda? It boots, but after choosing between regular or widescreen it seems to hang. Might keep playing around

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
I looked into my old emails (I uploaded the original video on behalf of someone else).

The original hacker said that it was designed only for Katana DevKit. And two hacks were necessary to work in emulators because of "feature hardware which is badly emulated".

If I had to guess, is say it's likely not using any system library, but rather direct hardware access. With some subtle differences existing between retail consoles and DevKits.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6