Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Trying to fix IMSA Racing’s controls on the 3DO M2!

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019

Attempt 1 - big old fail lol

IMSA Racing is awesome, but the analog controls can be verrrry touchy! I am working on improving them with the analog tweak file that’s nested in the game disc, but since I have to decompile the disc and rebuild it (versus working off a file and folder or source code setup in my normal working method...which always succeeds) it’s been dicey.

Any ideas? All thoughts help, as it’s not like I have a second person I know working on M2 who I can ask lol

D

Deleted member 2631

If tweaking just means to adjust some values, there's no need to rebuild the disc. Just locate the file inside the ISO and make changes using a hex editor. Of course, the ISO must be Mode1/2048 in this case, not RAW/BIN with 2352 bytes/sector, as that would mess up ECC data.

But apart from that, the M2 never used encryption on the discs, so it's not a big deal to rebuild the disc if needed.

Awbacon

Original poster
Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
If tweaking just means to adjust some values, there's no need to rebuild the disc. Just locate the file inside the ISO and make changes using a hex editor. Of course, the ISO must be Mode1/2048 in this case, not RAW/BIN with 2352 bytes/sector, as that would mess up ECC data.

But apart from that, the M2 never used encryption on the discs, so it's not a big deal to rebuild the disc if needed.

the reason I was rebuilding vs amending is the values I plan on changing are actually additions and amendments, so editing in hex changes the ISO to the point where it fails to boot on real hardware. So I was trying to rebuild in the SDK but ended up with the odd folder names and capitalized files shown in the video. Not sure why haha

D

Deleted member 2631

When using a hex editor, you must stay in overwrite mode. As soon as you are in insert mode, the ISO will break.

The OperaFS is actually very simple, so you could also just append the edited file to the end and change the file pointer to the new location. Feel free to attach the original and the edited file and I'll have a look.

Make a donation