turbografx express- pc engine gt.. post mod

somacast

Original poster
Registered
Jul 13, 2019
AGName
somacast
hi ,

long time since I last logged in to this great forum :)

I do have a question really ... the external controller mod for pc engine gt/turbografx Express is well known, and I did it as well.

however there is something that many people have missed I think (or maybe just me , lol) , the turbografx express/ pc engine gt features natively a screen saver, if you leave it working without pressing any buttons for a few minutes (guessing something around 5 minutes) it turns off its original screen , to save batteries power or avoid lcd burn in maybe (even by power adapter it behaves the same).

so what is the problem? well , if you remember my mod, it features rgb scart out - and external controller as well , so if I connect the external controller, the on board controller buttons aren't touched of course, so in few minutes screen saver is activated, resulting the console trying to turn off its screen, however the result of this of course doesn't turn off the rgb out, but causes faded colors as screen saver effect on the rgb out, and this can be solved by simply using the pce/tge built in controller, but thats bulky in hand for on tv gaming ...

so the question is: does anybody know a way to disable this screen saver ? is it a programmed feature? is there a timer component? is it a game feature in each and every game?

thanks alot :)

somacast

Original poster
Registered
Jul 13, 2019
AGName
somacast
where are the experts , lol

maybe question too long ??

is it possible to disable the screen saver function in a TGE - PCE ?

Thnx ?

Make a donation