Welcome to the Obscure Gamers!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Guest , A new look for OG has been released with both dark and light styles, to change please check out the left hand side of the footer to change.
    Dismiss Notice

[Tut]Making an Xbox 360 ISO that works with DVDEmu

Discussion in 'Tutorials, Guides & Manuals' started by fate6, Nov 17, 2017.

1. fate6

fate6 Lolita Dress Collector
    Gold Member

A guy asked and shadowplay hates my ultrawide when recording desktop so written tut it is!

==Requirments==
    Xbox 360 XDK
    Xbox 360 SDK

=====
    I will assume anyone trying this has the Xbox 360 SDK installed and has an xex rip of whatever game you want to DVDEmu'ify so lets cut to the chase, Start up "Game Disc Layout Editor".

[​IMG]

You should see this window showup.
    [​IMG]

On the "Rules on Disc 1" tab at the top right, Right click and select "Add" then "New Rule"
    [​IMG]

Click the button with three dots next to "Source Path" and select the folder with the default.xex in it, in this case its the "Halo 3" folder, Leave everything else as is.
    [​IMG]

You should see a single item listed in the "Rules on Disc 1" section, click it and the box under it should fill up with every file in that game, if it is then things should be good to go!
    [​IMG]

Now click on the little picture of a disc on the toolbar, It is the last option up there.
    It will ask if you want to save but I never do so just hit "No" and on the next window set "Image Type" as ISO then on the "image Filename" name it whatever.
    [​IMG]

Once you click next a screen showing errors will showup, ignore them and just click next again to start building the ISO! After this you need to use "Game Disc Emulator" to feed the game to the XDK but that is pretty straight forward but I can add it to this terrible tut if people want.

Oh and I didn't resign the game files since I run shadowboot so retail signed shiz is a go!

PS; You can package OG Xbox games as well :p

X360, Bazatree, Demon and 1 other person like this.
  2. X360

Gold Member

Much appriciated!