Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Dreamcast Unoffcial Deunan gdemu (DREAMCAST ODE)

Mathieulh

Problem Solver
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Mathieulh
AG Join Date
01/01/2006
yes he aknowlegde the issue, but no word about removing the updater. or when a newer one will be uploaded. good for you or anyaone else that want the update @Mathieulh have it
edit updater is up again and no its the same one as before

Trust Deunan to silently push an update without telling anyone. How is that proper practice anywhere? xD

Reactions: truemaster

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks I got the file Mathieu. I'll give it a shot as I was on the latest firmware 5.15 before this. Here's what Deunan just posted....

UPDATE2: There’s a bug in early GDEMU bootloaders that was fixed in late 2016, it can randomly lock up the device while trying to execute the updater. Sorry about the download link confusion, I have a revised version ready but I need to test it some more. I will upload that one in 2-3 days.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
updater for bootloader has been updated. this one is indeed diferent than the original one. those have beed updated corect with the 1st one they dont need to flash the new updater. but if you dont have updated yet use the newer updater

Greg2600

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 3, 2019
AGName
Greg2600
AG Join Date
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks. The old one did work for me though.

jack oneil

Jun 1, 2019
Hi I just have a quick question my GDemu dated December 2014 v5.5 ,I did all the updates up to the v5.15.
My GDemu is incompatible with version 5.20.1 so I have to wait for the new version ?
I have to do the 5.20.0 update ? or not ?
Thank you in advance ;) .

Jack Oneil.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
your problem is the updater. download the latest one from gdemu site. no you dont need the 5.20.0 first. also make sure your psu make proper contact with motherboard and is providing stable 3.3v. gdemu will cut operation if 3.3v drops. if the problem persists contact deunan

jack oneil

Jun 1, 2019
Thank you, I understand !!
I have another question, my Gdemu was produced in 2014, I have to use a program before to prepare the Gdemu and then I can update with version 5.20.1. That’s what it is ?
I prefer asking because it’s a new update so I want to be sure.

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
basicly there 2 steps and 2 updates to do. 1st the bootloader updater. and then the 5.20.1. both updates are on gdemu site.

Reactions: fafadou

sonik

Registered
Jul 24, 2019
AGName
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
I've made an windows app to manage content on SD Card for GdEmu/GdMenu.
Some friends have been using it for some time now. Yesterday I promoted it to version 1.0 and released to the public.
If anyone wants to give it a try:

truemaster

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
ok i will add it to fisrt post as alternative to gdmenu. is indeed good. also in oder to conserve space i may not replay always to new things like that and just update the first post.

Reactions: sonik

sonik

Registered
Jul 24, 2019
AGName
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
@truemaster just a small correction. On the first page it shows as "a new nenu". It's not. ;-)
It's just a windows tool to manage content on SD card.
GDMenu v0.6.0 is bundled on my app and it's copied over the SD card.

zero35

Jun 11, 2019
AGName
zero35
AG Join Date
Don't even attempt it unless you want to brick your device and have a paperweight. No logical reason to even update since the only thing that is lacking is Bleem retail support. japanese_cake is already removing all protections from the retail bleems and we will be able to play them soon on the GDEMU clones.

The Chinese clone manufacturer had to customize the previous firmware to run on the clones due to slight differences in the hardware such as completly different Amtel chip model numbers as stated above, so many things were changed vs how they are in the retail version. This is why you can't simply flash them with the retail firmware because doing so will brick the device.
if they released a updated firmware for clones ,please share to everyone,thanks

DanteThaScrub

Jan 24, 2020
I have had a couple of those ‘5.15b’ clone GDEMUs through my hands, and despite being pictured on the auction site with the correct Atmel chip, they actually had the wrong one fitted still, same as 5.5 and 5.15 versions of the clone. Luck of the draw? I’m doubtful. The interface connector was also hacked down to fit, with one of the units being a bit ‘sensitive’ to being positioned correctly. You pays your money, takes your choice. Both worked as expected otherwise. If I had to buy another, I’d go with a 5.15 as long as it had the correct crystals fitted, since I don’t care much for the metal SD connector (and the correct Atmel chip is the selling point for the 5.15b, and that didn’t turn out to be the case).

FWIW I do own a couple of Deunan originals, the others went in systems I modded to sell (with full disclosure as to the provenance of the GDEMU fitted).

Make a donation