Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
Since the PS4 generation began, I have been mainly buying games physically. Usually when first playing a game, I like to install the base version from disc with no patches. This can be a very buggy or interesting experience, depending on the game, with some titles even altering/removing aspects of gameplay via later updates. I have recorded a lot of footage from various games, and only recently decided to finally start uploading it somewhere.

First one is mainly for laughs; funny occurrences in Final Fantasy XV. Only clip not from the base version is toward the end where the player can control Gladio.

A little extra trivia for FFXV in particular:

-Version 1.00 was missing features like the ability to open a shop window from your vehicle, which was added very early on with patches.

-There have been a few well-known exploits/bugs in FFXV since launch, like the "Armiger Glitch" and having Aranea Highwind permanently join your party. Armiger glitch works fully in this version, however flying to distant regions of most maps will trigger an infinite load screen. Infinite load screens were fixed in later versions, but in most recent versions it would seem the Armiger glitch has been mostly patched out. I personally have not been able to trigger the Aranea glitch in version 1.00, and it too was addressed in newer versions.

Last edited:

ItsMeMario

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Imagine the day when the servers of "console x" will go offline and you are stuck with version 1.0 of many, many games. :p

Reactions: TreblaYevrah

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
That's part of my fascination with playing these versions of the game. I think it will be a very long time before that becomes a real concern, but the fact remains that one day "retro collecting" for PS4 will probably be a difficult thing to truly enjoy. At least without a modded console and knowing where to download archived patches, DLC, etc.

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
Another one uploaded. Most people have heard of this game's problems already, but I wanted to experience/archive how poor the physical PS4 release actually was. Verdict? The most busted thing I have ever played, and I've been gaming since Sega Master System... but I still very much enjoyed my time with it, hah.

This is definitely not a case of "how could they think this was ready?" There's no mistaking the product shipped on disc wasn't intended to be played without updates. The fact that what is essentially a prototype can be allowed to be sold at all is the real shocker. Despite the game being in such a disastrous state, it can in fact be completed, and crashes are not quite as frequent as I expected.

It would be unfair not to mention that CD Projekt RED has greatly improved the game's quality via updates. The purpose of these videos, though, is to highlight what exactly is contained on game discs these days.

MaxHaman

Registered
Dec 17, 2020
AGName
MaxHayman
AG Join Date
10/04/10
Would be cool to list some games where content was removed in patches. Would love to see that!

Make a donation