Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Unreleased Arcade games you wish released?

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Atari Atari Atari....

Tenth Degree, Vicious Circle and of course Primal Rage 2. Trying to remember Vicious circle's name I found a Ton of other unreleased arcade games that showed promise.
I think Atari games was the worst offender when it comes to starting something and not finishing it. Might have been the Midway buy out, might have been something else entirely.

I've played Tenth Degree but not enough to form an opinion. Vicious Circle showed a Ton of Promise and I enjoy playing it. It seems like a Killer Instinct rip off at first but dig deeper and there was something special there that probably would've become a cult hit.

This Morning I finally grabbed the custom mame required to play Primal Rage 2 and found it to be a huge improvement over the original game even in it's glitchy unfinished state. I think it would've done fine if released, or people would hate the Avatars bitch about it then years later talk about how it was actually way better than they remember it.

Then there's Capcom...somewhere somebody has Capcom Fighting All Stars. That won't be a simple MAME dump but it's out there somewhere and it needs to be played.

Treasure's Gun Beat looked Promising, I don't think that was ever released.
Kenju, and Chase 1929 looked Promising.
Garou Special, There'a a Beta out there somewhere waiting to be dumped. Somebody somewhere has it.

That's off the top of my head, Some we can play some we can't.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I don’t really know of that many. Force Five was pretty cool, and I’ve now played it. A related thing is unreleased arcade ports. One I really wish came out was the Dreamcast port of War: Final Assault, or any home port of that game (they were working on a DC port as well as an N64 port, I think). That game was really fun to play multiplayer in the arcade.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Arcade ports, basically every Model 3 game. I'm mad no Emergency call Ambulance port with extras happened. That game was somehow more insane than Crazy Taxi.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Polybius. Although some might say it already had a release, although a limited one...

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Arcade ports, basically every Model 3 game. I'm mad no Emergency call Ambulance port with extras happened. That game was somehow more insane than Crazy Taxi.

I was specifically referring to unreleased ports, as in ports that were worked on but never released. There are definitely other cases like that, like the Rave Racer demo for PC. I’m not sure if that ever became more than a demo, though.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Namco games on Saturn would fit there.
I think A Dreamcast Tekken Tag was also in the works. I heard Tekken 4 was considered for Naomi for some time too.

Reactions: Xaeroxcore

Xaeroxcore

Registered
Aug 22, 2019
AGName
xaeroxcore
AG Join Date
Oct 17, 2012
Namco games on Saturn would fit there.
I think A Dreamcast Tekken Tag was also in the works. I heard Tekken 4 was considered for Naomi for some time too.
Tekken tag or tekken 4 on DC/Naomi would be huge. Soul Calibur 2 was originally planned for Naomi/DC...Is there any material of the game at the Naomi state?

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I heard Tekken 4 was considered for Naomi for some time too.

I’m a little skeptical of that. Tekken 4 was on the System 246 originally, which was the arcade version of the PS2. So if it was considered for the Naomi, then it probably would’ve been before they started working on the System 246 version.

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Tekken tag or tekken 4 on DC/Naomi would be huge. Soul Calibur 2 was originally planned for Naomi/DC...Is there any material of the game at the Naomi state?

I’m a little skeptical of that. Tekken 4 was on the System 246 originally, which was the arcade version of the PS2. So if it was considered for the Naomi, then it probably would’ve been before they started working on the System 246 version.

I only know this because the Official US Dreamcast magazine said something about it. Nothing beyond that.
Then again that same staff a few years later said Lunar 3 was in development for XBOX....so grain of salt.

But I do think that with how successful Soul Calibur was on Dreamcast Tekken Tag was at least considered.

I don't know anything about Naomi Soul Calibur 2 but who knows what's out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xaeroxcore

Make a donation