Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
Dee Dee Planet, a Dreamcast game from Sega that was to be released back in August 2001 has finally been found. Big thanks to the secret dev who provided the game and to pcwzrd13 for the release. This video is a pure gameplay video captured direct from a real Dreamcast via HDMI at 60fps.

dark

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
Can you translate this message that was at the beginning of a video preview of Dee Dee Planet? I take it from the katakana that it is related to the factoid people are saying that DDP was intended to be the second game in a series of online games where Chu Chu Rocket was the first.

Just wondering if the message provides any other clues or information related to that factoid.

Attachments

• dee dee message.jpg
    dee dee message.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0

dark

Registered
Jun 19, 2019
AGName
dark
AG Join Date
September 2, 2011
I gave the game a shot on an emulator and the online mode button seemed to have no options to do anything once you selected it. Does it load any menu or options on a real system with modem attached?

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
Can you translate this message that was at the beginning of a video preview of Dee Dee Planet? I take it from the katakana that it is related to the factoid people are saying that DDP was intended to be the second game in a series of online games where Chu Chu Rocket was the first.

Just wondering if the message provides any other clues or information related to that factoid.
That just says this is following the network game started with ChuChu Rocket. Some yeah, maybe part of a series.

PrOfUnD Darkness

Registered
Jul 10, 2019
AGName
PrOfUnD Darkness
AG Join Date
2004-03-13
If this is the second game in this 'network series', I wonder what were the next game planned.

Btw that movie player option, can you save replays?

noairhorns

Jun 2, 2019
noairhorns.blogspot.com
Is there any chance anyone can assist me in extracting the audio files from this game's iso? I've loved the music and sound design for this game ever since I saw the preview footage that's been on YouTube forever. I want to play it, but I REALLY want to listen to it! If you just want to direct me to a walkthrough for disassembling and extracting the audio files, that would be okay too. Thank you in advance.

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
For those wanting to try this game for themselves, you can find the original release thread + download here:

@noairhorns based on the amount of "tracks" Dee Dee Planet has, I think the soundtrack should be easy extractable from the GDI (I have no experience with this, but I think if you open the separate tracks with GDROM-Explorer you will get very far)

Reactions: noairhorns

Diablodin

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
Donations
£70.00
What on earth is this game! Employees of Sega must have gobbled more illegal substances in the late 90s than those of Atari did. :ROFLMAO:
Very cool to see though, as its design is so time accurate.

noairhorns

Jun 2, 2019
noairhorns.blogspot.com
For those wanting to try this game for themselves, you can find the original release thread + download here:

@noairhorns based on the amount of "tracks" Dee Dee Planet has, I think the soundtrack should be easy extractable from the GDI (I have no experience with this, but I think if you open the separate tracks with GDROM-Explorer you will get very far)

It's been so long since I messed around with Dreamcast isos, so thanks for pointing me towards the GDRom Explorer!

Yakumo

Original poster
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
If this is the second game in this 'network series', I wonder what were the next game planned.

Btw that movie player option, can you save replays?
I'm not sure. I've only played the disc as much as shown on this video.

Make a donation