Not open for further replies.

cde

Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
cde
AG Join Date
06/03/2008
Has anyone got, or is willing to make an updated version of Mini OPL derived from a new version of OPL please? I really want better compatibility with games and also id like the Playstation 2 boot logo to show when running games from HDDOSD.

First post on here, long time AG member.. Thanks.

Reactions: krHACKen (aka kHn)

cde

Original poster
Jun 28, 2019
AGName
cde
AG Join Date
06/03/2008
Ok, so looks like a no go! How about some advice on setting up a modern PS2 dev environment and how to go about creating my own updated mini opl?

AKuHAK

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
AGName
AKuHAK
AG Join Date
Hi, OPL has been so heavily changed after miniopl latest release - I don't think that this is valuable. As for now, it will be easier to implement miniopl features inside the main opl branch.
The only thing you need: implement opl launch argument parse and logic. OPL is launched with some sort of arguments that are specific for an application that is launched from HDD OSD (or BB NAV, or from DVR XMB). Then these arguments are parsed and OPL autostarts the desired game with params that are read from the partition or from the opl config. Of course, this is not an easy job, you should also test some extreme situations (when no config file is found, when a partition isn't visible to opl, and so on, and so on).

Reactions: pool7 and cde

Obsidian

NZ PS2 Collector
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
ps2apps.com
AGName
PS2Guy
AG Join Date
Jan 19, 2011
You do realize you can create your own Mini-OPL file?
You use HDProject to obtain your DVDELF and some command line code to do it.
There's instructions as a part of the original KERMIT release.

Reactions: cde

Obsidian

NZ PS2 Collector
Donator
Registered
Jun 4, 2019
ps2apps.com
AGName
PS2Guy
AG Join Date
Jan 19, 2011
It is specific for your console, not a multi purpose like the original, but it may work for what you're after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make a donation