Here are some links you may find helpful

VGDensetsu

Youloute

Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
twitter.com
AG Join Date
Feb 15, 2011
Hello everyone! I haven't posted much here but some of you from the Assemblergames days may remember me.
I’ve been doing research for years to identify artists related to video games and to list their work. In parallel, I worked on a site to host a database and articles. I am happy to announce that this site is now online!

The database currently includes over a hundred artists who have worked in the field of video games and will be updated regularly. The search by artist can be done via two lists: one lists the last name first, the other the first name. Pseudonyms are also included in these lists. It’s also possible to search by company or by machine. More companies and machines as well as other search criteria will be added in the future.
The first machine on the site is the PC Engine (HuCard). You have the choice between a detailed list indicating who did what on this or that game (cover art, logo, chara-design, graphic design, etc.) or a gallery of cover illustrations.

The opening of this website is also an opportunity to launch a Patreon. My research takes a lot of time and sometimes a lot of expenses (buying books, magazines, etc.), so if you want to support me, it would help a lot.

I also wrote an article tracing the career of Yōichi Kotabe, a former animator who worked with Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata, and then helped define many of Nintendo's flagship characters and shape them in 3D. You can read the first part here:

Make a donation