Voodooween collection

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
Hey,

I'm already showing some of my collection on my website, but why not here too ^^.

I started my collection in 2005 I was only lookin' for retail video game in that period, but one day I found a Nintendo M82 and then I started to look at other horizon !

IS-NITRO-CAPTURE (Fat)
caputreni.jpg

The Capture was used to record video game footage for journalist, game developer or QA team.​
IS-NITRO-CAPTURE (USG Wifi)
capture.jpg

Same as the fat version, it was used to record video game footage for journalist, game developer or QA team.​
IS-NITRO-VIDEO
video.jpg

The IS-NITRO-VIDEO was used by Nintendo on their event.​
IS-NITRO-WRITER
raw3jpg.jpg

This was used to flash multiple cartridge at once for reviewer or QA team.​
IS-TWL-CAPTURE (Retail)
capturer.jpg

This version of the IS-TWL-CAPTURE was only available for video game reviewer/journalist. They made it with a black faceplate to differentiate the retail version.​
This kit only plays retail DS/DSi games.
IS-TWL-DEBUGGER
debuggerp.jpg

This is the development kit for the NIntendo DSi, instead of the IS-NITRO-EMULATOR you can now read content frome the cartridge slot.​
Nintendo DSi Prototype Internal
DSip1.jpg

Early Nintendo DSi prototype.​
Nintendo DSi Panda (EUR)
Dsip1.jpg

This is the Nintendo DSi "Panda". It was used to test prototype "TWL" game or even ".tad"​
Nintendo DSi Panda (JPN)
test.jpg

This unit was used by NCL (NWD team).​
Nintendo DSi XL Panda (US)
dsixld.jpg

The upgrade of the DSi panda.​
Nintendo 3DS Panda (EU)
3dseu1.jpg

This is the EU Nintendo 3DS Panda, the idea behind this is the same as the DSi panda.​
Nintendo 3DS Panda (US)
3dsus1.jpg

This is the US Nintendo 3DS Panda, the idea behind this is the same as the DSi panda.​
Nintendo 3DS XL Panda
3dsxl.jpg

Nintendo 3DS XL "Panda"​
Nintendo New 3DS XL Panda
n3dsxl.jpg

Same as the Old 3DS XL Panda but with the capacity of the New 3DS XL.​
IS-CTR-BOX
raw1jpg.jpg

This kit is pretty special, you can't run 3DS cartridge from the kit and you can use the controller as a standalone panda and can works on battery.​
IS-SNAKE-BOX
raw2jpg.jpg

This is the last development kit Nintendo sold for the New 3DS and it kinda works like a CTR-BOX (with more power).
But this time you can read cartridge from the slot and ouput video with HDMI (if you have the licence).​
Amiibo 3DS Development Reader.
amii1.jpg

This is a development Amiibo reader, it works exactly like a retail one the only difference is the PCB.​

Last edited:

GamingLegend64

Registered
May 31, 2019
Wow, awesome collection :) please post more ?

Your DS development collection is impressive. I’ve never seen an IS-CTR-BOX before. It’s so tiny lol.

Reactions: Ashevent

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
ahah yeah the IS-CTR-BOX is so tiny and strange ! You can't use the cartridge slot to play game but only to flash and you can "detached" the console from the box and play with it.

Reactions: Ashevent

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
That's awesome. I always thought the kiosks were interesting, personally I'd love one I just couldn't possibly find room for it. On a somewhat related note, I did grab one of these from a target. Whoever swapped the promotional insert for the 3ds kiosk just left this one out in the open, so I walked out with it.

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
I think kiosk are pretty interesting too, I still have a Nintendo 3DS Best Buy that I don't now how to powered up.
The kirby insert is really neat !

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I think kiosk are pretty interesting too, I still have a Nintendo 3DS Best Buy that I don't now how to powered up.
The kirby insert is really neat !
How tricky are they to hook up?

Reactions: Voodooween

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
The 3DS is pretty strange, it looks like it uses a micro hdmi Type D. I never seen this before.

Reactions: Pinta77

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
I updated my first post with better pictures ! :)

Reactions: Pinta77

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
I like the updates :eek: that nitro recorder has always intrigued me.

x1z36x

Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AGName
Xzx123
AG Join Date
Mar 19, 2013
Liking the DS development flashcart stacks.

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
I've updated a little bit the first post with some internal nintendo hardware, and I've modified some quote on each object.
Hope you'll enjoy :).

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
@Voodooween
Is the black / white cartridge i can see with IS NITRO or TWL Debuggers supposed to be included ? Or is it some kind of card you can buy somewhere else ?

Otherwise does the TWL Debugger DSi provide all the features of the IS Nitro Debugger + DSi compatibility or is it just DSi compatible which means that developers needed both boxes to develop on all the DSx systems ?

Do you know what kind of output signal you can get from the TWL Debugger ?

Last but not least, I´m not sure to understand what the DSi Panda is for.

Last edited:

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
@Voodooween
Is the black / white cartridge i can see with IS NITRO or TWL Debuggers supposed to be included ? Or is it some kind of card you can buy somewhere else ?

Otherwise does the TWL Debugger DSi provide all the features of the IS Nitro Debugger + DSi compatibility or is it just DSi compatible which means that developers needed both boxes to develop on all the DSx systems ?

Do you know what kind of output signal you can get from the TWL Debugger ?

Last but not least, I´m not sure to understand what the DSi Panda is for.
The black & white cartridges are development cartridges used to quickly flash a build for mostly test it on a retail hardware or for game reviewer. You had to buy them from Nintendo back then.

If I'm not wrong the TWL-DEBUGGER can do exactly what the IS-NITRO does + the DSi compatibility.

The output signal is S-Video only for is-nitro-capture (N64 & GC video chip), TWL-Capture (Wii video chip). but on the TWL-DEBUGGER you need a special video card on it, instead of the nitro-debugger were the video output is only software locked. Meaning that you can "unlock" it.

The DSi panda (and 3DS panda) used different encryption key, NIntendo started to differentiate the "Retail" & "Development" encryption for the DSi. You can't use a retail DSi cartridge (twl) on a Panda nor a development on a retail DSi.

So if you flash a twl build on a twl development cartridge (white one) to quickly test a game you need a Panda DSi to be able to test it. Or you can install a file named ".tad" on the DSi to load the game on the panda nand.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
The black & white cartridges are development cartridges used to quickly flash a build for mostly test it on a retail hardware or for game reviewer. You had to buy them from Nintendo back then.

If I'm not wrong the TWL-DEBUGGER can do exactly what the IS-NITRO does + the DSi compatibility.

The output signal is S-Video only for is-nitro-capture (N64 & GC video chip), TWL-Capture (Wii video chip). but on the TWL-DEBUGGER you need a special video card on it, instead of the nitro-debugger were the video output is only software locked. Meaning that you can "unlock" it.

The DSi panda (and 3DS panda) used different encryption key, NIntendo started to differentiate the "Retail" & "Development" encryption for the DSi. You can't use a retail DSi cartridge (twl) on a Panda nor a development on a retail DSi.

So if you flash a twl build on a twl development cartridge (white one) to quickly test a game you need a Panda DSi to be able to test it. Or you can install a file named ".tad" on the DSi to load the game on the panda nand.

OK so black cartridges are for IS NITRO EMULATOR and the white ones for TWL DEBUGGER, right ? But since there is no way to load a game from the cartridge slot on IS NITRO EMULATOR, what are the slot and the black cartridge for ? Not supposed to be loaded from the computer unlike TWL DEBUGGER which is able to read content from the slot ?

i´m looking for :
one IS NITRO DEBUGGER with wifi and video option
one TWL DEBUGGER with wifi and the special video card
one DSI XL Panda (what is the diff between US dev-utl-usz and EUR dev-utl-eur ? Region locked ?). Is it possible to convert a retail dsi into a dev one ? Is it possible to use flashcarts on this type of DSI panda to play retail games or just use retail cards ?

Last edited:

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
OK so black cartridges are for IS NITRO EMULATOR and the white ones for TWL DEBUGGER, right ? But since there is no way to load a game from the cartridge slot on IS NITRO EMULATOR, what are the slot and the black cartridge for ? Not supposed to be loaded from the computer unlike TWL DEBUGGER which is able to read content from the slot ?

i´m looking for :
one IS NITRO DEBUGGER with wifi and video option
one TWL DEBUGGER with wifi and the special video card
one DSI XL Panda (what is the diff between US dev-utl-usz and EUR dev-utl-eur ? Region locked ?). Is it possible to convert a retail dsi into a dev one ? Is it possible to use flashcarts on this type of DSI panda to play retail games or just use retail cards ?

Exactly, but you can use black cartridges on a twl-debugger aswell and flash a "nitro" game with the twl-debugger.

The slot of the is-nitro-emulator is used for two things :
1-Can read EEPROM from the cartridge (EEPROM is usualy used to store save)
2-Flash a development cartridge.
You can also do the same thing with a TWL-DEBUGGER.

You'll need to connect the is-nitro-emulator to a computer, use the debugger software and load a game from the computer to the nitro-debugger to flash it. So since you can flash a game from the nitro-emulator the black development cartridge can be used on a retail DS to test the game on retail hardware and be sent to a game reviewer for example.

Iirc every twl-debugger were shipped with wifi on it (don't quote me on that, could be wrong lol).
For the DSi XL US et EUR the only difference is the stickers on the back (and you made me think I forgot to update this thread with a picture of an US one) the DS&DSi retail or development are totally region free. You can use any DSi panda (us/eu/jap) with every single twl development cartridge if the cartridge was flashed with the development encryption key and not the retail one (only Nintendo is able to do that).

You can flash a retail game on a development twl cartridge then use it on a DSi panda, but it won't work on retail DS/i as it would have been flashed with development encryption and you can read every DS game on a DSi Panda but can't read DSi exclusive retail game.

And I never tried to convert a retail DSi to a development unit so I can't help you with that.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Exactly, but you can use black cartridges on a twl-debugger aswell and flash a "nitro" game with the twl-debugger.

The slot of the is-nitro-emulator is used for two things :

You'll need to connect the is-nitro-emulator to a computer, use the debugger software and load a game from the computer to the nitro-debugger to flash it. So since you can flash a game from the nitro-emulator the black development cartridge can be used on a retail DS to test the game on retail hardware and be sent to a game reviewer for example.

Iirc every twl-debugger were shipped with wifi on it (don't quote me on that, could be wrong lol).
For the DSi XL US et EUR the only difference is the stickers on the back (and you made me think I forgot to update this thread with a picture of an US one) the DS&DSi retail or development are totally region free. You can use any DSi panda (us/eu/jap) with every single twl development cartridge if the cartridge was flashed with the development encryption key and not the retail one (only Nintendo is able to do that).

You can flash a retail game on a development twl cartridge then use it on a DSi panda, but it won't work on retail DS/i as it would have been flashed with development encryption and you can read every DS game on a DSi Panda but can't read DSi exclusive retail game.

And I never tried to convert a retail DSi to a development unit so I can't help you with that.

Excellent !!! Otherwise how can i use a euro gamecube power adapter on a japanese IS-NITRO-EMULATOR ? I want to avoid converters.

Do you have an idea of reasonable prices for :
- IS NITRO DEBUGGER with wifi and video option
- TWL DEBUGGER with wifi and the special video card
- one DSI XL Panda EUR
- Development cartridges

? And where to find reasonable priced ones (not like eBay or retro expensive sites) ?

PS : What does it mean USG on the IS-NITRO ?

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
Excellent !!! Otherwise how can i use a euro gamecube power adapter on a japanese IS-NITRO-EMULATOR ? I want to avoid converters.

Do you have an idea of reasonable prices for :
- IS NITRO DEBUGGER with wifi and video option
- TWL DEBUGGER with wifi and the special video card
- one DSI XL Panda EUR
- Development cartridges

? And where to find reasonable priced ones (not like eBay or retro expensive sites) ?

PS : What does it mean USG on the IS-NITRO ?

Yes you can use the EU gc power supply on any is-nitro.

For the prices I don't really know, I bought mines years ago now but if I had to buy a nitro-debugger with every options I would pay perhaps 250$ and 400$ for the twl.
The DSi XL EUR panda would be pretty expensive atm since not a lot are known (if any are?) so perhaps between 300 to 600$.
And for the development cartridges it depends of the content on it, an empty development cartridge can be sold for 40 to 100$ depending of the model.

I think the best place to find stuff is to be on some webiste/discord now, or contact reviewer/dev that could still have stuff like that.

The USG mean : DS Lite. It's like TWL for DSi, UTL for DSi XL etc etc.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Yes you can use the EU gc power supply on any is-nitro.

For the prices I don't really know, I bought mines years ago now but if I had to buy a nitro-debugger with every options I would pay perhaps 250$ and 400$ for the twl.
The DSi XL EUR panda would be pretty expensive atm since not a lot are known (if any are?) so perhaps between 300 to 600$.
And for the development cartridges it depends of the content on it, an empty development cartridge can be sold for 40 to 100$ depending of the model.

I think the best place to find stuff is to be on some webiste/discord now, or contact reviewer/dev that could still have stuff like that.

The USG mean : DS Lite. It's like TWL for DSi, UTL for DSi XL etc etc.

Thank you.
It seems quite hard to find these items for these prices especially the TWL. If you can pm me some people and websites where i could request and find these items i would be very grateful.

Last edited:

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001

Some people have many EEPROMS. Is it because EEPROM is easy switchable on these development cartridges ?

Does it mean that development encryption is ok to be used on a retail console ?

But you said above regarding IS-NITRO-EMULATOR that you can use a development cartridge on a retail DS. Is retail DSi very different in that case ? Not sure to follow here.

Make a donation