Here are some links you may find helpful

Voodooween collection

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
Some people have many EEPROMS. Is it because EEPROM is easy switchable on these development cartridges ?

Does it mean that development encryption is ok to be used on a retail console ?

But you said above regarding IS-NITRO-EMULATOR that you can use a development cartridge on a retail DS. Is retail DSi very different in that case ? Not sure to follow here.

Yes.

Almost every cartridge flashed with an IS-NITRO-EMULATOR will be usable on a retail DS (I say almost because I'm sure I don't know everything and don't want to take the risk saying that 100% will be compatible on retail hardware).

Since the retail DSi used like the development DSi a encryption key yes it's very different. It's pretty simple :

-Can't use retail TWL game (all twl game are marked like that "twl-xxxx-usa/eur/jpn on the cartridge) on development DSi
-Can't use Development twl game (flashed by a twl-emulator) on a retail DSi

And you can't use some nitro development cartridge on a retail DSi, but the cartridge will works on a retail DS (fat/lite) and on a panda.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
OK thank you. Funny that the DSi is quite different (probably enhanced security). Can i use retail games on a Panda DSi ?

Do you know if there is a flashcart that is compatible and could be used on a Panda DSi. EZFlash or Supercard or R4i ?). I know that DSi compatibility is very different from the phat/lite.

And a crazy question, is it possible (if you know) to install a controller mod (Loopy) on a 3DS Panda (LL or XL) or on the PARTNER-CTR-DEBUGGER or on the IS-CTR-BOX ? btw is IS-CTR-BOX able to output the display on a TV or on a monitor ? Otherwise is the circle pad compatible with a 3DS Panda unit ?

Last edited:

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
OK thank you. Funny that the DSi is quite different (probably enhanced security). Can i use retail games on a Panda DSi ?

Do you know if there is a flashcart that is compatible and could be used on a Panda DSi. EZFlash or Supercard or R4i ?). I know that DSi compatibility is very different from the phat/lite.

And a crazy question, is it possible (if you know) to install a controller mod (Loopy) on a 3DS Panda (LL or XL) or on the PARTNER-CTR-DEBUGGER or on the IS-CTR-BOX ? btw is IS-CTR-BOX able to output the display on a TV or on a monitor ?
You can use retail non-twl game on a DSi panda.

I never really tried any linker/flashcard on my panda, so I can't answer that.

Never tried to mod any of my dev kit so I don't know if you can install loopy on a 3DS, I think you can? And the IS-CTR-BOX don't output video unfortunately.

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
there is no 1 util do all in one , dev is dev , retail is retail , ;)

Reactions: Traace

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001

Never tried to mod any of my dev kit so I don't know if you can install loopy on a 3DS, I think you can? And the IS-CTR-BOX don't output video unfortunately.

It is possible to install a loopy controller mod even along a capture mod on a retail old 3DS. But i would like to do that on my future 3DS panda. Even install a capture card on it if that´s possible (to be used when im traveling).

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001

And do you know if i can use a Circle Pad Pro sur les 3DS Panda (O3DS) ?

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
Sorry Ricky but what did you mean ?
because I read you have asking alot ....... and give me image is you want 1 3DS / DS / kit to do everything you want
but did you know dev / test kit do dev /test only , retail is do retail only , , this is nintendeo ~
we are slowly collect and pay alot(not street low price) to get stuff, how come we plug unknown (e.g. R4 /flash card..) may be kill the rare item ?

btw , what 3ds / ds dev stuff you own now ?

Last edited:

Voodooween

Original poster
Registered
May 30, 2019
AG Join Date
Feb 10, 2017
It is possible to install a loopy controller mod even along a capture mod on a retail old 3DS. But i would like to do that on my future 3DS panda. Even install a capture card on it if that´s possible (to be used when im traveling).
Since you can mod (luma3DS) a retail 3DS to do almost everything that a panda can do I don't really understand why you want to mod a 3DS panda to be honest, the console can only read retail DS cartridge and 3DS Development cartridges.

And do you know if i can use a Circle Pad Pro sur les 3DS Panda (O3DS) ?
Yes, you can use the circle pad pro for the O3DS and the circle pad pro XL for the O3DS XL panda.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
Since you can mod (luma3DS) a retail 3DS to do almost everything that a panda can do I don't really understand why you want to mod a 3DS panda to be honest, the console can only read retail DS cartridge and 3DS Development cartridges.

Yes, you can use the circle pad pro for the O3DS and the circle pad pro XL for the O3DS XL panda.
I was just being curious to be honest and see my options. I don´t know what i will do but i want to play and test stuff without breaking anything of course.

Thank you for your patience.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
because I read you have asking alot ....... and give me image is you want 1 3DS / DS / kit to do everything you want
but did you know dev / test kit do dev /test only , retail is do retail only , , this is nintendeo ~
we are slowly collect and pay alot(not street low price) to get stuff, how come we plug unknown (e.g. R4 /flash card..) may be kill the rare item ?

The beauty of flashcarts is how it does not modify the internals unlike CFW stuff...

I´m waiting for my IS-NITRO-DEBUGGER complete with doc and sdk paid 400 euros with shipping. I have also some pending transactions but we will see. Not so many sell transactions around DS 3DS toolkits on ObscureGamers so i´m looking at Yahoo Auctions...
Feel free to contact me if you have any stuff to sell.

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
The beauty of flashcarts is how it does not modify the internals unlike CFW stuff...

I´m waiting for my IS-NITRO-DEBUGGER complete with doc and sdk paid 400 euros with shipping. I have also some pending transactions but we will see. Not so many sell transactions around DS 3DS toolkits on ObscureGamers so i´m looking at Yahoo Auctions...
Feel free to contact me if you have any stuff to sell.
NOA still selling there 3DS development kit. good luck for you ;)

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001

Ah but this is the official development program, right ? I´m not going to start a professional project.

Your pic has an issue unfortunately.

Last edited:

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001
know what ?

What is NOA ? I´m not gonna open a studio and develop a game so if this is the link to get a devkit through Nintendo, forget it they will never... except if they are discounting or getting rid of kits but knowing Nintendo it will probably never happen.

haliway

Registered
Apr 5, 2020
AGName
haliway
AG Join Date
01/01/2001

Im starting to buy some stuff now, please check https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/looking-for-ds-development-kits.2033/

Make a donation