Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

PSP WALL-E (PSP) Accessing unused test levels and a explanation

VonKarma12

YoRHa
Original poster
Jun 4, 2019
discord.gg
Hello, today i want to show you how to acces the debug levels in WALL-E the game on the Playstation Portable and shall give each level a small explanation

(I highly recommend playing this on PPssPP as the PSP game isn't.. famous for its stability)
(please grab a save online for this game, playing a test level wont make the next level available

1 Get yourself a WALL-E PSP retail build and extract it
2 Grab the chapters.tsc file from my MEGA https://mega.nz/#F!p0EATKAJ!y4UaJVhFHw19wXQhmm4eMQ
3 Go to your extracted game and follow WALL-E\PSP_GAME\USRDIR\GAMETSC\STORY
4 Put the chapters.tsc file in here
-(if you are planning to run this on a PSP you should make it an ISO or CSO file again)
5 run the game and load one of the following levels

LEVEL ONE and TWO / T_CHECKB

T_CHECKB is a test level dedicated to the various puzzles in the game, There isn't that much interesting around here except a giant plant logo and the puzzles itself but its pretty cool regardless

LEVEL THREE / T_CUBES

T_CUBES is a level dedicated to the various cube features in the game, it has a few shooting ranges from that but also unique stuff such as
-A breakable car
-Vending machines that give you cubes
-Unused models
-Two tracks used for the thief minigame
-Weird small clocks moving around, they don't have any relationship with the game so i think the devs were having some fun
NOTE there are 3 red circles on the right side of WALL-E when starting the map, looking at them will crash the game so please go to the left and take the long route

LEVEL FOUR / T_ENMY

T_ENMY is a level dedicated to mostly enemies but a few friendly NPC's aswell, the whole map is a unique room and showcases most enemy models you come across in the game, it also features
-A unused light block, this ended up being replaced by the LightBot companion
-Various unused models of enemies found outside of bounds, you can glitch outside of bounds by turning into EVE (guide on that will be down below) and turning to your right, there should be a block constantly going down, trap yourself under that and you will be OOB. They are located around the walls of the second section
-A Tornado
-Other unused blocks we don't know the purpose of

WARNING, if you play the PSP build it can lag alot if you look at the whole map, please try to only look at rooms one at a time, looking down the hallway can slow the game down really badly

LEVEL 5 / T_GPLAY

At first T_GPLAY seems a one kind puzzle, however if you make the player character turn into EVE (Guide will be below) you will discover other various puzzles, it was probably made as a sort of brainstorm for puzzle ideas, sadly there is not much interesting stuff around here but a few ramp test for different surfaces, and a room dedicated to cubes

LEVEL SIX / T_LIGHT

T_LIGHT is a weird and small level, you start in a small building, and you can safely explore the left side, however the right side contains a shadow of a WALL-E bot (visible in screenshot) viewing this makes the game crash sadly

LEVEL SEVEN / T_SPEED
T-SPEED is a level made to test out a EVE level, to my knowledge nothing like this is played in the game, in this setting at least. Basically a very long tunnel bringing you various obstacles, only thing of note that the skybox is seemingly found OOB in the retail game

LEVEL EIGHT / SOUND

SOUND is a level made for testing out the sound effects of WALL-E and his threads on different surfaces, not much else really

LEVEL NINE / T_BLOCK
T_BLOCK so far always crashes the game and does not even load up, so far research has not given me an answer on that

HOW TO PLAY EVE
go back to your chapter.tsc and find your level, for example if we want to edit the first level you should look for

AddChapter C_TU_EARTH 500 T_CHECKB P_WCLEAN
AddChapterMissionOpen C_TU_EARTH T_CHECKB MISSION_EXAMPLE1 OPEN
//AddChapterMissionWon C_TU_EARTH T_CHECKB MISSION_SWITCH8 WON
AddChapterMissionAdvancement C_TU_EARTH T_CHECKB MISSION_EXAMPLE2
//DisableABILITIESForChapter C_TU_EARTH ABILITY_LASER
//SetInitLASERForChapter C_TU_EARTH 0
SetInitLIFEForChapter C_TU_EARTH 1

and change the P_WCLEAN to P_EVE and saving

once you boot up the level you should now be as EVE

Notes
-Despite this having multiple versions, everyone of them uses a different file systems so these levels are for now, only accessible on a MAC and PSP

Attachments

• Schermopname (272).png
    Schermopname (272).png
    816.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

WALL-EARL93

Jan 9, 2021
AGName
WALL-EARL93
AG Join Date
Jan 9 2021
Hi VonKarma 12! I am very interested in modding the wall-e game but I was hoping you could answer some of my questions....1.) Have you ever been able to access these levels using the better looking pc version of this game or is it still only on the psp version? 2.) I read about someone that modded the game by changing code including placing eve in a mini game as a player instead of the traditional wall e bot. They were able to use eves gun to blast obstacles rather than using wall e with his lazer in the mini game where you destroy space junk. My question is whether it is possible or if it has been done where you can program the sounds and movements of wall e or eve or any other character in the game like as seen in the cutscenes? 3.) Can you tell me of any other interesting or not hacks or mods that can be done for this game or that are possible but not fully accomplished? 4. Last question; Can you add different characters or even objects into different levels like if you wanted to bring m-o into the first level or remove the low resolution dead wall e units and place more realistic ones in the landscapes like the ones seen In the first level for example? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!!!

VonKarma12

YoRHa
Original poster
Jun 4, 2019
discord.gg
Hi VonKarma 12! I am very interested in modding the wall-e game but I was hoping you could answer some of my questions....1.) Have you ever been able to access these levels using the better looking pc version of this game or is it still only on the psp version? 2.) I read about someone that modded the game by changing code including placing eve in a mini game as a player instead of the traditional wall e bot. They were able to use eves gun to blast obstacles rather than using wall e with his lazer in the mini game where you destroy space junk. My question is whether it is possible or if it has been done where you can program the sounds and movements of wall e or eve or any other character in the game like as seen in the cutscenes? 3.) Can you tell me of any other interesting or not hacks or mods that can be done for this game or that are possible but not fully accomplished? 4. Last question; Can you add different characters or even objects into different levels like if you wanted to bring m-o into the first level or remove the low resolution dead wall e units and place more realistic ones in the landscapes like the ones seen In the first level for example? Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!!!
1. So far there have been no Test world files found for PC, there have been for MAC but it has brought up an error before crashing and generally hasnt been well explored because of its obsecurity
2. I dont remember that case specifically but it seems like a simple trick of changing P_WALLE to P_EVE in the chapter file, or whatever file that minigame uses for its rules
3. So far there have been no mods besides editing the text files for silly text in the game, the biggest obstacle is that the file container used in the game called .DPC hasnt been able to be explored.
4. That part of the game is sadly handled by the .DPC file system too so no

VonKarma12

YoRHa
Original poster
Jun 4, 2019
discord.gg
UPDATE:
The sort of not official debug menu has been found for the PSP version. Look up the debug menu on PC on Youtube and its basically the same idea but worse controls and 1 or 2 features that work compared to it. To activate it you need to edit the CHAPTERS.TSC file and put on the end of the file
''epm on'' Special thanks to Edward_2452 and TwoSpacesSG
Controls: Hold Triangle - open menu D-Pad Right - toggle option, open sub-menu (The rest is self-explanatory, I think)
View attachment 100841610354329435.png

All-We77

Mar 21, 2021
Hi VonKarma12, I am currently trying to obtain the beta levels through the instructions above. I downloaded the PSP emulator with the game, and extracted it, as the directions said. I got the chapters file from the page that you posted, but when I put the chapters file into the game, it just boots the game normally. I was wondering if you could help me with this? Or if this is a problem that you ran into? Am I missing a step? What's the exact method to get these beta levels?

Edit: nevermind. I found it!

Last edited:

Make a donation