Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

What are some Grail/Wish list items you want?

Vindios

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£20.00
AGName
Vindios
AG Join Date
Apr 12, 2019
I thought this would be an interesting topic, seeing how this is a obscure and or rare gaming form. I would love to see what crazy interesting or just weird things that everyone would be trying to find for there own personal collection. So let me just start with mine.

Mine would have to be the Nintendo E-Reader E3 card pack.

Being an NTSC E-reader collector this is one of the most expensive and hardest things to find, there are two sealed packs up on Ebay but I could never spend the $2000 - $4000 that they are asking for them.

Reactions: VonKarma12

VonKarma12

YoRHa
Jun 4, 2019
discord.gg
Mine would be the WALL-E PC Beta build with everything on it, me and a group of friends have been modding it but we run into some difficulties time to time that would be helped so much with the actual dev tools haha

• Wow
Reactions: Vindios

Borman

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jul 31, 2018
There are no guarantee of dev tools inside a prototype. Debug menus maybe, but dev tools aren't that common.

There are few things left for me at this point:
A late Blur 2 prototype
Perfect Dark Zero on the original Xbox
True Fantasy Live Online
Starcraft Ghost
Duke Nukem Forever

pool7

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
AGName
pool7
AG Join Date
2008/03/04
Not sure I could choose just one at the moment, so I'll say: any and all dev tools (SDKs, engines, etc) that haven't been "leaked"... especially the ones that were originally provided in floppy/CD format.

jollyroger

Registered
Jun 5, 2019
AGName
jollyroger
AG Join Date
XenForo says Oct 18, 2008, but actually I originally register in 1998...
Many years ago my holy grail was the prototype Nintendo/SGI Ultra64 SDK that ran on a SGI Onyx RealityEngine2 workstation, which is what developers used before the N64 hardware was completed.
I had an Onyx back then and I thought it would be very nice to run early N64 demos on it...

Then my attention moved to the amazing Sony performance analyzer devkits for PS1 (DTL-H2700) and PS2 (DTL-T15000), which I have since acquired.

I have always been a big fan of complex hardware architectures, especially the ones using any form of parallel processing, and my current holy grail is the Sony GSCube image generator.
I don't have one, but I do have an item which is even more rare, which is a GSCube prototype, which has 4 Playstation 2 blades instead of 16...

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
For me, there aren’t many “grail” type items left; I already have most of them. For videogames, it’s a 64DD and games, and a Panasonic M2 (preferably an FZ-21S), and that’s pretty much it. There’s a good chance I won’t ever own the latter, but the former I probably will own eventually. Outside of videogames, the other major thing I want is a good 29” or larger CRT monitor.

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
Katana. That won't likely happen though, but it's fun to dream.

Also any more unreleased VB protos would be awesome. There's of course Dragon Hopper and Zero Racers, but also plenty of games being developed in Japan (Doraemon, Goldeneye, Shin Nihon Wrestling, Virtual Double Yakuman, to name a couple).

Reactions: Vindios

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
A Sega Blast City candy cab with 31KHz triple sync monitor. Modded for everything by me would be a nice way to play my pre HDMI consoles properly w/o stoopid inputlag:unsure:

Johnny

Gran Turismo Freak
Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
Johnny
AG Join Date
Mar 14, 2004
Gran Turismo 2000 - PlayStation Festival 2000 Demo Disc

Reactions: Dracarys

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
As far a real Holly Grail of the History of gaming, it used to be Ecco the Dolphin 2, but that has since been fulfilled!

Nowadays I'd say Shenmue for Saturn in a playable format.

For a personal item I'd love to own but I don't think I ever will, I'd say a Katana/DC DevKit. Those are just crazy expensive nowadays.

Opa-Opa

Registered
Jun 21, 2019
I think the real holy grail in gaming is Polybius. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing really happened. Really disturbing if true. No real videos of this "game". Everything on YT is fake. One YT comment was like " yeah, I played this machine and it was not fun", hmm....

Last edited:

Awbacon

Registered
Top Poster Of Month
May 31, 2019
D2 for 3DO M2...if it exists.

And an FZ-21s. I own an FZ-35S and granted it does the same (more actually) than the 21s...but that sweet console looking case on the 21...ooooh lol

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
One other thing that is maybe not a grail, but something I would really like to see (and is almost impossible to find) is the full version of PureVex for PC. I have the demo and it’s pretty cool, but it would be pretty awesome to play the full version. If you don’t know, this was a Japan-only PC game that for some reason is very rare, and it ran only on the PowerVR PCX2, using PowerSGL. It’s so rare that you can’t even find a disc image of it on the internet.

Last edited:

Wombat

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Wombat
AG Join Date
14-03-2004
Pretty much any enjoyable and playable unreleased Dreamcast game classifies itself as a grail item for me :)
I think I would be most interested in seeing a build of Far Nation getting out there. Followed by Dee Dee Planet, where it's known there is a complete build out there outside SEGA's HQ. The latter would be interesting with all those online games being resurrected lately.

And let's not forget Take the Bullet, Heroes III, Colin McRae Rally 2.0.....Also it would be interesting to see how far the development went for Commando's 2. And the list goes on and on and on!

Honorable mention; @HI_RICKY said on Discord that he has a Burnout(!) build for Dreamcast, not sure if this was a belated April fools? But if this is legit and playable... then this one goes to the top of my list.

Reactions: FamilyGuy

Moondog

Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Moondog
AG Join Date
Nov 21, 2010
1997 builds of Deathtrap Dungeon (Especially PC version)
Ghost in the Shell E3 1997 version and any other builds
Resident Evil/ Biohazard 0 Nintendo 64 - E3 + TGS 2000
Resident Evil E3 1997 Version
Resident Evil 1 11/17 build
Resident Evil GBC IGN build

This ain't over..

Reactions: ds2 and Getta Robo

Gou

Donator
Donator
May 30, 2019
Sly 2 Alpha but the version with more levels than the one thats released.
Oh and pretty much any System Shock 2 build lol

Reactions: Xe

Make a donation