Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

What are some Grail/Wish list items you want?

Galdius

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
www.instagram.com
AGName
Galdius
AG Join Date
Jun 11, 2012
I would love to have a Lair (PS3) debug disc. A few years ago Kiff had one but I didn't have a PS3 Test at the time and I let it go to another person. I have regretted that for some time now. Wish I could find it again.

As for retail games, it's probably Metal Slug for the Neo Geo AES but I don't think I would have the courage to pay what it goes for.

Cut Into Fourteen Pieces

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jan 22, 2019
There are a couple of early builds of Soul Reaver for the PlayStation (from January and February 1999, meaning they're about 3 and 4 months older than the earliest prototype that's been released to date) out there that I'd love to find and preserve/share.

I'd also be happy to do the same if any prototypes of Dead Phoenix for the Gamecube exist from before it was cancelled. The look of that game grabbed my attention.

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
Saturn Virtua Fighter 3 (preferably the last known build with rudimentary polygonal stages)
Shenmue Saturn Version (this must surely still exist in a playable form...)
Sonic Xtreme (any code from the later "Project Condor" era of development)
Biohazard 2 (the last-known 1.5 scenario December 1996 prototype for PlayStation)
The House of the Dead III (early version featuring cel shaded graphical style)

May 31, 2019
Zelda 64, a prototype from before Kid Link was introduced, with the old Hyrule Castle dungeon, the Turtle Rock styled Dodongo's Cavern (can confirm it is, just much earlier) and fully modelled Castle Town.
I know I would die before I ever see that leak, assuming it still exists, but dang if I don't want to.
Or files on the early development of Final Fantasy IX. There were some small, but major, changes late in development, but even early concept art shows a bit of a different game with a job system, using earlier versions of Zidane and Garnet, and a story about mages and dragons. Don't get me wrong, I adore the IX we got, but I'm still curious about that earlier form of it.
darkSector as it was originally shown on 6th Gen hardware. It sort of became Warframe, but I loved that game and picked it up knowing it was originally a UT sequel, and I'd love to see the earlier form that D3 passed on publishing in order to make it more realistic and gritty.
Alternatively, the hi-res background renders that were lost. I know they're likely forever gone, but one can hope. :)
Lastly, a Halo Mac OpenGL prototype. Like what was shown at the Keynote. Please? I would adore it!

Pikkon

Moving in Stereo
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pikkon
AG Join Date
Mar 4, 2005
My number one grail would be the 1988 Super Famicom prototype console.

Randy2727

Jun 25, 2019
My number one item currently, that may or may not exist, would be Speak Out English for the Xbox 360. A Korean game that was never released, but seems to have gotten very far long in production and was demoed at least once.

RLJA42

Jun 7, 2019
AGName
RLJA42
AG Join Date
10/15/2016
N64: Protos such as Jest, Glover 2 and Twelve Tales
X68000: Rare games such as City Connection and Illumination Laser

Reactions: ds2

Cerv3ro

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
AGName
Cerv3ro
AG Join Date
January 09 2016
Anything related Saturn, 1996-97, in those years the bleeding of games was huge and 20+ years later most of them keeps im shadows: Destruction derby 2, Shredfest, Cybersled, The Last Dynasty, Prize fighter, Watterworld, Addidas power soccer, Ninja, Micromachines v3, Wild nines, Fighting force, Star Wars Rebel strike, Syndicate Wars, Free Runner, Sacred Pools, Sonic Xtreme (boss levels)...

tidus79

Registered
Aug 7, 2019
Console Dreamcast maziora
console gamecube final fantasy Crystal chronicles

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I thought of another one: the Rave Racer tech demo for PC (PowerVR). The odds of that ever being released are pretty slim, but it would be awesome if it was.

Windjammer

Registered
Aug 25, 2019
AGName
Windjammer
AG Join Date
Feb 2, 2009
I think the real holy grail in gaming is Polybius. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing really happened. Really disturbing if true. No real videos of this "game". Everything on YT is fake. One YT comment was like " yeah, I played this machine and it was not fun", hmm....

Not this one. This video is a root and branch investigation which concludes it was probably made up by an admin on coin-op.org.

Reactions: Arcadia

Jamongie

Jul 12, 2019
AGName
Jamongie
AG Join Date
Ide have to say Gran Turismo commemorative edition. been looking for it the last 10 years.

Vervexx

Registered
Jun 16, 2019
Anything related to the development of the Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy games. I was obsessed with these when I was young and still am pretty interested in the matter.

WorldGenesis

:D
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
Donations
£7.40
AGName
WorldGenesis
AG Join Date
May 12, 2007
I'd like the Warhawk E3 2006 Demo Build :p

esprade

Registered
Sep 7, 2019
AG Join Date
April 25th 2011
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 E3 2010 build, or anything earlier that is unknown. The animations and effects were just radically different to final, probably so detailed the game couldn't handle them and they had to be changed.

If you know what the animation for this looks like in the final game, you'll recognise just how different it is. Instead of just being an animated claw like animation, the cork screw twists and winds, and is also more colourful than final as well.

It's crazy to say I want one build of a game just for one animation, but I wish this was final, what can I say I'm a MvC fan boy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-171449_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190915-171449_YouTube.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20190915-171414_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190915-171414_YouTube.jpg
    780.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: MaouYumisu

Yakumo

Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Yakumo
AG Join Date
From the beginning (whenever that was)
Saturn Virtua Fighter 3 (preferably the last known build with rudimentary polygonal stages)
Shenmue Saturn Version (this must surely still exist in a playable form...)
I second these two. I'd love to see them.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I second these two. I'd love to see them.

I just finished Shenmue II (again) the other day, so I saw the Saturn Shenmue video again, which I hadn't seen in a while. Watching it again made me think, how the fuck did they do this with stock Saturn hardware? Parts of it look too complex for even the N64 to handle. A lot of it looks pretty similar to the final game (with simpler graphics, obviously), especially the parts from Shenmue II. I also noticed that Ryo looks noticeably younger in that build of the game, whereas other characters like Lan Di, Iwao, and Ren look pretty similar (at least in overall design) to the final game.

Another thing I noticed when I played Shenmue II recently (spoilery):

There's a part at the end of disc 3 where Lishao Tao is doing an exercise in front of the temple, and I remember that the original Project Berkeley video had a section very similar to this. Seeing it again this time, I think it's almost exactly the same, except the rendering of the character changed slightly.

Related to that, I think it's interesting, if you look at Saturn Shenmue and other prerelease stuff, how much actually stayed the same all the way to the final version. I think Yu Suzuki must've had a pretty clear plan in his head from the very beginning, though obviously there were plenty of changes. That also makes me think that he probably already had a pretty clear plan for Shenmue III before II was even finished. I can't wait to play it.

Make a donation