Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
Donations
£7.46
AG Join Date
Jan 22, 2017
Hey everyone! This is a thread where you can discuss your favorite gaming consoles and any reasons you have for enjoying it. I searched for a thread like this, couldn't find any so I thought I'd make one.

Despite the title, you can pick one console in particular or do a list, your choice. Enjoy sharing your favorite(s)!

My personal favorite console is the CECHA model of the Sony PlayStation 3 (yeah, it's a bit recent). It's a bold choice considering its notoriety for not being the most durable console, as with other Fat models. It does, however, provide the most extensive access to the PlayStation game library, thanks to the compatibility with PS1 AND PS2 games. While it doesn't upscale the visuals a whole lot like PCSX2, the performance is smooth-sailing from my experience. All in all, it's my go-to for whenever I want to play a PS1 or PS2 game. And hey, I can even play PS3 games too, so that's cool.

Here's a picture of the CECHA00 I own. :)
20200417_155741.jpg

Last edited:

EvanSki

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jul 19, 2019
I grew up playing the Play Station 2, So T.H.U.G, Spy Hunter, Sly cooper, Destroy all humans, will always be my favorite.
As of late, the Nintendo Wii and Original NES have been really cool to look into, Im going to make a few people cry but I saw this guy make the NES fit inside a Toaster with leds and the works and thought that was really cool, having worked out modding an old Wii, I wanted to mod it to fit inside a toaster as well, Hopefully with being able to load backups from SD or USB while also having the CD drive and Gamecube ports still connected. (I also have my original Wii that is kept very nice and wont become toaster-ized)

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
My favorite is the Original Xbox. Loads of homebrew, lots of amazing games, supports HD resolutions, infinite upgradeability. It's like a perfect console

TurniptheBeet

Jun 12, 2019
AGName
miloxydia
AG Join Date
Oct 14, 2011
Hard question, but I'd probably say Dreamcast.
Wide variety of titles with everything from great titles to kinda janky titles, but very little on it is garbage titles.

Reactions: mementomori

Synnett

Registered
Jun 12, 2019
AGName
Synnett
AG Join Date
July 18, 2016
The WII is amazeball. It can run just so many things, and it has GC controller ports in it. I never liked its original games much or the motion control gimmick tho.

L2000

May 30, 2019
Hardware Famiclone & Sega Megadrive (early childhood systems) , PS1(early teens),PS2 and Xbox 360 not only for games but for homebrew and emulators as well.

Trimesh

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Trimesh
AG Join Date
Jul 4, 2008
There are lots of systems I've liked for various reasons, but if I had to pick just one it would have to be the PS2. It would probably win on its own, but once you include the PlayStation backwards compatibility then it's a easy choice. Yes, the CECHA does technically win over it because of the PS3 support, but they are so fantastically unreliable that you end up not wanting to turn them on (which is exactly the situation with my DECHA).

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
My top 3 would probably be Dreamcast, Genesis, and N64. Dreamcast is my favorite - it had some of the best games ever, and it had an amazing range of different games even though it had a very brief lifespan. I have more games for the Dreamcast than for any other single system, and I have games from 3 different regions. The Genesis and N64 I'd say are tied for 2nd or 3rd place. I love both of those systems a lot. After that, I also love the Gamecube and the Saturn. I like a lot of systems, so beyond that it's kind of pointless to keep ranking them.

Dans34

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 19, 2019
Donations
£5.00
AGName
Dans87
AG Join Date
Jan 6, 2013
for playing games ? probably one of the xbox one x's
but the Wii is pretty good to run ,Linux even with its limited memory

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
I don't have a favorite nowadays, I'd have to list like 9 consoles as my favorite.

As for ones I'll remember most for nostalgic reasoning:
NES
SNES
VB (Fight me)

ABVEOST

Jun 8, 2019
AGName
abveost
AG Join Date
Dec 16, 2014
I'm a "console positive" guy and love them all. Even the ones universally hated. fail+time=lol. Is it better to have a console that plays nearly as many PS[0-x] games as a Raspberry Pi 9001 or a famiclone shaped like a laptop with a "screen" that's just a sticker of a Windows 95 screen. Who am I to judge.

psydefx

Registered
Jul 6, 2019
AGName
psydefx
AG Join Date
March 27, 2016
1st ps2
2nd dreamcast
3rd ps3

HI_RICKY

Donator
Donator
Registered
Mar 21, 2019
AGName
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
1. PC-Engine
2. SNES
3. PS2

Leynos

Jun 9, 2019
AGName
Ryudo
AG Join Date
7/21/12
Dreamcast (I worship this console)
SNES
Saturn

Fave handhelds are PSP/PSVita. Switch is getting there.

Reactions: FamilyGuy

Vindios

Donator
Donator
Jun 7, 2019
Donations
£20.00
AGName
Vindios
AG Join Date
Apr 12, 2019
I really enjoyed the Xbox360, and Wii. Tons of great games to play on top of the modding capabilities of both systems. But I have to go with the GBA/SP, hands down the best system out there. It got me though many boring road trips and had full backwards compatibility will all my previous GameBoy games.

Make a donation