Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

What happened to the Xperia Play 2 was it ever turned on?

psxpeep

Original poster
Dec 3, 2019
AGName
psxpeepy
AG Join Date
today
I was expecting there to be a lot more content posted on this device as I was quite excited. I still have an original TP hdmi engineering prototype xperia play 1 this one is mine. Obviously there being only 2 of these xperia play 2's I doubt ill ever get one but i was wondering if anyone still has The version I have. I disassembled this device and showed it quite extensively.

FrostWolf

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 11, 2020
Donations
£122.29
The Xperia play 2 that OG secured had its NAND wiped by Sony

Damien

Please note I no longer work for OG.
Jan 2, 2021
I got asked to login to reply about this, I'm no longer part of OG minus supporting the new owner with issues as found. (hence mod)

The device powers but it appears to be a factory floor model meaning it doesn't have a nand or Sony bricked it. It now belongs to a non-profit based in Norwich UK I co-own. (was donated when I left so it wasn't lost/sold and won't be sold due to UK CIC asset lock law.)

Alex/Pixel tried his best to do more, but minus getting it to boot it only has a test menu loaded. It maybe possible to flash a nand to it but for the sake of history we left it as it was in the end.

At some stage in future we'll try to do an in-depth video but with it being basically a test menu it'd be pretty boring.

The video you shared is very cool, if you ever wish to part / sell the device or donate we'd surely be interested to complete the set. We only have a retail Xperia Play 1 no proto.

psxpeep

Original poster
Dec 3, 2019
AGName
psxpeepy
AG Join Date
today
I got asked to login to reply about this, I'm no longer part of OG minus supporting the new owner with issues as found. (hence mod)

The device powers but it appears to be a factory floor model meaning it doesn't have a nand or Sony bricked it. It now belongs to a non-profit based in Norwich UK I co-own. (was donated when I left so it wasn't lost/sold and won't be sold due to UK CIC asset lock law.)

Alex/Pixel tried his best to do more, but minus getting it to boot it only has a test menu loaded. It maybe possible to flash a nand to it but for the sake of history we left it as it was in the end.

At some stage in future we'll try to do an in-depth video but with it being basically a test menu it'd be pretty boring.

The video you shared is very cool, if you ever wish to part / sell the device or donate we'd surely be interested to complete the set. We only have a retail Xperia Play 1 no proto.
Awe dang That's a shame do you know if the other owner of the second play 2 had a nand I heard it was in private hands? That's a shame that it was wiped. Judging by its look it probably ran on kit kat I dunno if you could port forward the controls from the original play and modify them to get it working on kit kat but it would just be a generic OS with controls. If I ever am willing to part with My prototyoe ill definitely drop you a line as far as I know its one of the last ones around. I havent been paying it or using it much lately as I have moved on to other things so I have been thinking about parting with it. Drop me a message I wouldnt mind hearing what kind of price you have in mind.

Make a donation