Welcome to the Obscure Gamers!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Guest , A new look for OG has been released with both dark and light styles, to change please check out the left hand side of the footer to change.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured XBOX Wheelman Xbox Prototype (March 2005 Build)

Discussion in 'Beta Talk' started by Jakeeenator, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Jakeeenator

Administrator

This is a late night post before I go to bed lol. This is a very very early prototype of Wheelman for Xbox. The crazy thing is this build is dated just over 4 years before its release date.
    In order to avoid the game crashing from player movement on levels 1 and 3 you have to crouch.
    Also there is almost no finished textures and almost everything has "Placeholder" printed on it.

Either way enjoy the video. :)

Stephan, pato, Paulweeze71 and 2 others like this.
  2. Paulweeze71

Administrator

THIS WHOLE GAME IS A PLACEHOLDER BUILDING!

Dracarys and Jakeeenator like this.
  3. shmups4ever

shmups4ever Member

waouh !
    NNIIICE !

thanks !

Jakeeenator likes this.
  4. pato

pato Member

Someone have the PS2 version of the game which is way more complete, and IIRC, it was from the same year with just a few months of difference, it's likely that the PS2 version was the main development platform.

Midway bought the developer, Ratbag, and closed it a few months later, Wheelman was one of the first Open World action games announced for the next gen back at the time.

Jakeeenator and Paulweeze71 like this.
  5. Jakeeenator

Administrator

Yeah it seems they had the idea of making an Xbox version later into the PS2 development but probably scrapped it very early on. I don't think the Xbox version really went past the build I have.

pato likes this.
  6. pato

pato Member

Quite interesting is that this builds predates the Midway takeover by a few months, Ratbag was closed down in December 2005.

The game was oficially announced in February 2006, and the first trailer in August 2006 which was a CG render, I think that they scrapped all the assets back then and that trailer was the gimplse of what they had to show, in fact, it remained under the radar until mid 2008.

Jakeeenator and Paulweeze71 like this.