Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Where do you keep your rare/expensive games?

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
There does need to be a mix between being able to play said game, and keeping it safe because it's a fortune if anything happens to it.

None of my games are worth a "fortune" though, so I'm not really worried about it. All of my games together are worth a decent amount, but I have no desire to put my entire collection in safes. Nothing in life is permanent; I think it's best to get the most enjoyment out of something while you can rather than worry too much about what could happen to it.

FamilyGuy

2049 Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
-=FamilyGuy=-
AG Join Date
March 3, 2007
None of my games are worth a "fortune" though, so I'm not really worried about it. All of my games together are worth a decent amount, but I have no desire to put my entire collection in safes. Nothing in life is permanent; I think it's best to get the most enjoyment out of something while you can rather than worry too much about what could happen to it.
Check your insurance in case of fire.

A friend of mine who's an avid "retro"¹ gamer had his apartment burn down to the ground with all of his games. Let's say his insurances were not generous about videogames value.

So I gave him most of my retro stuff, GameCube/Wii/GB(A), I only kept the DC stuff as he didn't care (but I do obviously) and a Wii console.

Since then I've changed insurance so my books are covered to full amount in case of fire. They ain't worth much individually, but the volume turns it into a sizeable sum. I don't really own enough VG anymore to amount to much really.

¹ Modern Retro™, 2000's era mainly.

Last edited:

PopetherevXXVIII

Original poster
Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Saturn stuff tends to appreciate in value. Games I bought between $20-30 less than a decade ago are now fetching triple digits.

Pazzard

Hi!
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
Swannflight cases are fantastic for anyone living in the UK... https://www.swanflight.com/

Their standard 300 7" record cases are great if you don't get dividers put in when you order, (Dividers are not removable) DVD's obviously have their own sizes, and they do custom sizes, and price just based on dimensions... Well worth the investment...

Ergot

Registered
Jun 1, 2019
AGName
Ergot_Cholera
AG Join Date
Aug 2, 2012

Make a donation