Welcome to Obscure Gamers

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

OG Group Buy 2.0

OG is trying to raise money to save hundreds of discs. We need to secure a few to start which'll help us get trust from the seller. If you're able to help please check the spreadsheet on google. Thank you!

Things to Batty for you?

You can disable the halloween effects by visiting User Preferences and hitting the "Disable holiday styling" option.

Dreamcast Wince+CDDA Fix

Pitito

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
Thanks Neo for your tests and I feel the delay but I am full of work.

For the tests that I did recently, this type of 0winceos must have some gdrom protection, and it is possible that this protection is in the file WSEGACD.DLL.
The data in this row is also housed within 0winceos.

In the CDI tests I have not managed to reproduce the tracks, the game behaves as if they did not exist

Pitito

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
I have done new tests, this time creating gdi with different LBAs for the audio tracks and as @neo comment, the tracks work correctly.
So I think it's not an LBA problem, but some kind of cdda crash for cdrom.

@neo, could you create some kind of ip.bin that makes the hardware believe that a gdrom is running and not a cdrom?
As I have explained in previous posts bincon is not necessary, this hack removes 0x800 at the beginning of the 0winceos and adds them at the end.

And you make 0winceos truncate it works anyway just removing the 0x800 from the beginning.

However, in the gdrom that 0x800, although if it is in the original, in GDROM it does not load it in ram, which if it happens in CDI

Perhaps with a clean boot that simulates the same functions that a gdrom does, it will be possible to make the tracks play

neo

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Mrneo240
AG Join Date
06/08/2010
It gets the media type from the syscalls and the hardware. I'm sure it could be patched but idk if that would be enough

fafadou

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
fafadou
I'm terribly sorry to ask this at the eighth page of this topic.
Are you trying to find an issue to run wince games with CDDA for gdemu ? It means the cdda with gdemu and Demul don't run perfectly ?

Pitito

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
@fafadou Most wince games do not work well for cdda on cdi.
This fix solves the problem of many of them.

Other wince however need something more

Pitito

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
I have been doing new tests, this time with the ARMADA game, in this game the FIX does not work and the music keeps restarting when pausing the game.
I have changed the binary 0WINCEOS.BIN for that of another game in which the music does not give problems Worms World Party and the problem with the cdda persists.
In other words, if with the original ip.bin and with another winceos binary taken from another game, it still crashes, or it is a problem with the change to CDI of the game or it is a .dll or .exe from the WINCE folder that does not do its job well.

I have also discovered a way to run 0WINCEOS through a KATANA binary, thanks to the SEGA SMACK PACK game.
This game contains a KATANA executable, for WINCE games, called SAMPLE.BIN
We must apply binhack to SAMPLE.BIN together with the IP.BIN of the WINCE game, we must also apply DAHACK and CDDA hack and finally hack the values 0xCDE4436A to 0x09000900.
You don't have to do anything to the 0WINCEOS binary :)
You place SAMPLE.BIN and MAIGO.BIN (this binary does not have LBA protection, so it is not necessary to hack) in the root of the game and create the iso.
Don't forget before hacking, change the name of the executable inside the IP.BIN (0WINCEOS to SAMPLE.BIN)
Notes:

I don't know what the function of MAIGO.BIN is, but it is loaded into RAM at offset 0x2C008300.
I have also tried booting a game without using MAIGO.BIN and deleting the entry of this file in SAMPLE.BIN, and the game runs without problems.

With this method it is not necessary 3 fictitious tracks for the audio to be heard on your site, since thanks to the CDDA hack in SAMPLE.BIN the Audio starts on track 01.

Games with cdda problems are not fixed, even though 0winceos is intact,
so the problem may be in a dll or exe file as I have commented before.
Maybe it does not contain enough routines for CD-ROM, and if you have them for GD-ROM

Pitito

AG Refugee
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
pitito
AG Join Date
03/08/2015
I have done another new test, this time I have taken all the contents of the WINCE folder, and the binary 0WINCEOS.BIN of the Worms World Party game (this game does not present CDDA problems) and I have replaced it in the ARMADA game, renaming the executable ARMADA.EXE to GAME.EXE. (Name of the executable in Worms)

The game loads perfectly, but the cdda keeps restarting when paused.

My conclusions

In view of what we have seen, the problem may be due to the change from GDI to CDI format, or the safest thing that is in the executable of the game, in this case ARMADA.EXE.
This executable may need to be fixed, as is the case with many PC games.
For example the iso of the sega rally 2 version pc does not work the cdda either, and I have found this hack to make it work.

https://mega.nz/file/yQUGmR5T#Jf1uVUYTLxkzsIjJPIvTlfMpb29eXzLyqPDsPFXZFgk

Maybe this can be of help to hack these problematic games on Dreamcast.

Curiously, this hack is also used for other versions of PC, such as Virtua COP 2. Does it sound like something to you?