Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
Having a strange issue with my Xbox 360 console lately. Can't find an obvious answer online. Here are the details:

-I have a slim arcade model that I installed a 250 GB official HDD unit in (it is definitely official. Metal Gear Solid V runs, and it specifically requires an official HDD).
-My HDD works fine for saving/installing games (although it is slow to load when selecting "storage").
-I am attempting to run supported games (and yes I have the update). These include GoldenEye Rogue Agent and Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders.

Upon running these games, I get an error message saying "This original Xbox game has encountered a problem and can't continue."

Things I have tried:

-clearing the cache on the HDD/console
-deleting/redownloading the compatibility update
-unplugging the HDD and plugging it in again

Don't really know what else to try, so any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I tried to play Halo CE on my 360 recently, and the game froze when I attempted to start a multiplayer match. This game used to run fine on the same system. I think Microsoft released an update for the backwards compatibility at one point, and that could explain the problem I experienced. It might explain your problem too.

Edit: I missed the part where you said you tried deleting the update. Did you try running the games immediately after deleting the update, without downloading it again? Also, by the way, where is that update stored? I might want to try that myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreblaYevrah

JustAnyone

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
Also, by the way, where is that update stored? I might want to try that myself.
HddX: partition

TreblaYevrah

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
I redownloaded the update after deleting it, when the prompt came up after starting the game. I was counting on that, because I hoped my update file somehow just got corrupted or something. I haven't tried without the update, because GoldenEye Rogue Agent in particular never ran without it anyway. I found the update file in storage > system items or something like that, I think.

I've been nervous that somehow support for some games has gotten scrambled in recent years, but hopefully that's not the case. Or they broke it on purpose to make people stop using their 360s, haha. Conspiracy! Nah, I'm sure there must be an explanation.

PopetherevXXVIII

Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
Do I have to try to get a 360 Emulator up and running now too?
My 360 Disc Tray won't open. I just wanna Play Ridge Racer 6 Dammit!!!!

Make a donation