Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Xbox 360 Prototype

Seattle_Collecting

Original poster
Jul 28, 2019
I found this Xbox 360 prototype at a thrift store in the Seattle area. Does anybody know anything about it or could point me in the direction of someone who would. I've talked to a couple other collectors in my area both of which have development launch team systems (the green sides) but neither said prototype or had HDMI. All serial #s match up (the back, USB ports, and system itself). I didn't notice anything different with it when I started it, just the old dashboard looking normal There's nothing on the HD that says anything crazy but it's probably not the HD it originally came with. I played some Halo 3 on it (I wanted an early title so no update) and it seems like a regular Xbox. I'm located about 20 minutes away from Redmond, WA so Xbox and Nintendo gems are found all the time.

Seattle_Collecting

Original poster
Jul 28, 2019
Forgot the most important part...

Attachments

• 20190726_170250.jpg
    20190726_170250.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190726_170245.jpg
    20190726_170245.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190726_170241.jpg
    20190726_170241.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190729_140845.jpg
    20190729_140845.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Anthony817

Lethaltail

Donator
Donator
Jan 20, 2019
AGName
hbc
AG Join Date
Jan 10, 2010
Never seen a prototype Jasper (version 6 or thereabouts of the Xbox 360) system before, that's kinda cool, and to be honest, the bright green accent gives the system more of a fun look to it.

Reactions: Seattle_Collecting

RtFM

Registered
Jan 26, 2019
AGName
RtFM
AG Join Date
Feb 18, 2017
I found this Xbox 360 prototype at a thrift store in the Seattle area. Does anybody know anything about it or could point me in the direction of someone who would. I've talked to a couple other collectors in my area both of which have development launch team systems (the green sides) but neither said prototype or had HDMI. All serial #s match up (the back, USB ports, and system itself). I didn't notice anything different with it when I started it, just the old dashboard looking normal There's nothing on the HD that says anything crazy but it's probably not the HD it originally came with. I played some Halo 3 on it (I wanted an early title so no update) and it seems like a regular Xbox. I'm located about 20 minutes away from Redmond, WA so Xbox and Nintendo gems are found all the time.

I think the owner that had the Kit before. Bought a rroded launch team model and swapped the sides from the launch team on the prototype jasper to give it a kind of a cool look.

So you have a jasper proto case with Launch team side parts.

Seattle_Collecting

Original poster
Jul 28, 2019
I think the owner that had the Kit before. Bought a rroded launch team model and swapped the sides from the launch team on the prototype jasper to give it a kind of a cool look.

So you have a jasper proto case with Launch team side parts.

That makes sense. You don't think they put it together using launch team parts they had spare? What are more rare a prototype or dev kit? From what I see prototype.

Reactions: RtFM

RtFM

Registered
Jan 26, 2019
AGName
RtFM
AG Join Date
Feb 18, 2017
That makes sense. You don't think they put it together using launch team parts they had spare? What are more rare a prototype or dev kit? From what I see prototype.

In my opinion the following Kits are hard to come by:

1. XeDK Beta 2 - haven’t seen one for up for Sale for years (the 3.2 GHz verified Version)
2. Jasper XNA Kit - the one with the white case and dark sidecar (from TTG)
3. XeDK Beta 1 - White or Grey Case (from my knowledge only 3 white versions and 1 grey version exists)
4. Crystal Slim Prototype (jester has one - I think about 3 known units exist)
5. Slim Trinity Prototype Unit (from Xenon.7 - there seem to be some units out there)
6. Xenon Stress Kits with inverted ROL (most of them seem to be dead/trashed by now)
5. XeDK Beta 1 Kit - with Black Case (they pop up on EBay from time to time)
7. Zephyr Street Kits with inverted ROL and HDMI and AV printed swapped on them
8. Senitel Stress Kits
9. and so on.

Reactions: Solotaire

Seattle_Collecting

Original poster
Jul 28, 2019
In my opinion the following Kits are hard to come by:

1. XeDK Beta 2 - haven’t seen one for up for Sale for years (the 3.2 GHz verified Version)
2. Jasper XNA Kit - the one with the white case and dark sidecar (from TTG)
3. XeDK Beta 1 - White or Grey Case (from my knowledge only 3 white versions and 1 grey version exists)
4. Crystal Slim Prototype (jester has one - I think about 3 known units exist)
5. Slim Trinity Prototype Unit (from Xenon.7 - there seem to be some units out there)
6. Xenon Stress Kits with inverted ROL (most of them seem to be dead/trashed by now)
5. XeDK Beta 1 Kit - with Black Case (they pop up on EBay from time to time)
7. Zephyr Street Kits with inverted ROL and HDMI and AV printed swapped on them
8. Senitel Stress Kits
9. and so on.

Woah, I'm gonna have to school myself on these units. Lots of stuff I don't know about. Thank you for all the info you guys.

Reactions: Lethaltail

XboxSurgeon

Donator
Donator
Registered
Jul 23, 2019
AGName
XboxSurgeon
AG Join Date
No Idea. Long time ago.
eBay Username
AnonymousMedic2012
Jasper prototypes were also seen at times, not always, but sometimes in Kiosk set ups. I believe this was launch team parts (obviously not native to a jasper console) slapped into a kiosk console. I say kiosk because unless it’s running an XDK kernel natively, and it’s solely retail, this is typically the case.

Make a donation