Bazatree

Donator
Original poster
Donator
Registered
Jan 21, 2019
Donations
£5.00
A few people knew how to make 1838 fully work on the final Xenon XDK, but, for some reason, didn't say much how to achieve it. The problems are:

1. Wireless controller doesn't work;
2. Fans are always spinning in full speed and the console sounds like a jet;
3. When you shutdown the console, HDD stops immediately with a chance of breaking it;
4. The console becomes semi bricked;
5. DVD and remote recoveries are useless, because they don't unbrick or restore the console.
6. Maybe some other issues....

But this is not an issue anymore. I am presenting you the fixed 1838 NAND image, which you can write to your final Xenon XDK and enjoy the last known leaked beta dashboard that supports XEX1 executables without those issues from above. CPU key is not needed.
xedk.PNG

Download link:

How to install this NAND image on the final Xenon XDK.
0. Use at your own risk! I am not responsible for any damage you do. Also, XDK nands are zero paired. Don't even worry that my nand has a different CPU key. You don't even need to know it.
1. Backup your current NAND via J-Runner via "Advanced/Custom Nand/Glitch Chip Functions". You can be on any recovery you want.
Be sure to dump 64MB nand! It shouldn't be 16 MBs. Don't even progress further without a proper backup nand.

2. Install 1838 DVD recovery to prepare your console. Don't press any button on a joystick, just shut it down.

3. Write the nand you downloaded from the link above to your console.

4. Enjoy those XeDK builds on your final Xenon XDK!
juiced.PNG

Special thanks to:
emoose - for responding in my older thread and fixing the SMC config in my NAND. Without him, it won't be possible to enjoy this beta dashboard.

How was it achieved?
First I downgraded the console to 1888 recovery and backed up the nand.
Then I downgraded the console to 1838 recovery and backed up the nand.
Then emoose took the SMC config from 1888 and imported it in 1838 via HEX editing (I think) and voila!
Who knows, maybe it is possible to make even older recoveries work on Final Xenon XDKs.

Last edited:

RtFM

Registered
Jan 26, 2019
AGName
RtFM
AG Join Date
Feb 18, 2017
Great work. Slightly older beta recoveries do work just find the right offset and patch it.

Reactions: Bazatree

Make a donation