Jun 28, 2019
Donations
£20.56
timelesslunchbox.boards.net
AGName
TreblaYevrah
AG Join Date
Jul 15, 2011
I recently was thinking about how it's too bad those translucent red/green Xbox One Duke controllers weren't compatible with the original console... but are the shells essentially the same as the genuine models? If you were to take one apart, could you swap it with the old Duke?

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
Not having my Duke close by, but the OG controllers had memory card ports, maybe that'd be a problem.

Reactions: TreblaYevrah

GoTeamScotch

Registered
Jun 4, 2019
AGName
GoTeamScotch
AG Join Date
Jul 14, 2016
You can use the Hyperkin Duke on original Xboxes by converting it using an ogx360. This device also works with Xbox 360 controllers, Xbox One controllers, and more.

Project home: https://github.com/Ryzee119/ogx360
Buy them here: chimericsystems.com

To address your original question, I would be surprised if the duke internals would fit in the new Hyperkin case... at least without some modification. I've never tried personally, but the memory card area is different, and I imagine the screen inside is mounted to the plastic shell in a way that would cause the shell to be different from the original Duke's shell.

NightBreeze

Registered
Aug 1, 2019
Having looked at my disassembled Duke and Hyperkin teardown, I can identify a few incompatibilities but at the same time they look very similar both in PCB and shell design. If Hyperkin built theirs from schematics they got from Microsoft, perhaps it would be possible. To me it looks like the solid top-part could be swapped out with the memory card top-part from an OG Duke as well, form is similar enough that maaybe...

Make a donation