Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Xbox-Scene forums backup

iriez

Original poster
Registered
Jun 1, 2019
Hello all. I was asked to post this information here so that others can be made aware.

Thanks to a forward thinking individual many years ago (/u/xboxexpert on reddit), a scrape was done on x-s before it went down. The scraper used a not-so-sweet tool to do the scrape, so its not complete and is _very_ broken, requiring much manual labor to get everything correctly organized/ordered/timestampped/etc. Im very thankful for this because me and HSDemonz were the last people in contact with xantium many many years ago, and he just disappeared after handing admin perms to HSDemonz on the forums. I was the last person to have admin access on the main webpage, but I lost all my data in a old HD failure and lost that access as well. I don't recall if I had a email for xantium outside of the xbox-scene domain....searching has shown no communication except via AIM and x-s domain emails. He lived/lives in belgium and I have no other way of contacting him. I've regularly monitored the domain registration in hope that it will expire one day and we can regain the domain as well for the forums.

It has been the goal of me/xbins to get a "mostly full" backup operational and live, so that we can all be able to reference the old forums, as well as register and add new content. Thanks to CrunchBite (x-link kai dev), that is mostly finished, and I've just spoken to him now and he confirmed he will be trying to complete the finishing touches this week.....but as always, no promises! This work has been ongoing for about a year.

You can see a (very) old incomplete/broken implementation here as a proof -

In other good news, CrunchBite is currently scraping assembler (properly) so that we can re-create it just as we have done with X-S. Since the scrape is being done properly from the get-go it will be much easier to re-create the assembler forums. The only thing we cannot re-create is the backend stuff (pm's, registration info and anything else a scrape cannot aquire) so this means that we would need to manually add access to accounts.

For x-s I will be doing this on a per-request basis. Users will need to supply me with some sort of proof of old identity and then I will grant them access to their old usernames.

Element18592

Donator
Donator
Registered
Sep 1, 2018
So much valuable information was lost when Xbox Scene shut down so I'm happy to hear of the work you guys have been doing to preserve and display that information in a proper viewable format again.

Reactions: Ease

GoTeamScotch

Registered
Jun 4, 2019
AGName
GoTeamScotch
AG Join Date
Jul 14, 2016
I appreciate the hard work you guys have been doing. This is a very cool development and I can't wait to see X-S back online after all these years. Cheers

RtFM

Registered
Jan 26, 2019
AGName
RtFM
AG Join Date
Feb 18, 2017
Wow nice. Never thought it reappear like this. Fuck getting way too old..
Now we just need to get a full clone of Xbox-sky.cc ;)

ddxcb

Jul 1, 2019
AGName
ddxcb
AG Join Date
Apr 17, 2008
Anyone knows if xboxhacker.org was preserved?

That site had a ton of data.

blueshogun96

Jul 2, 2019
AGName
blueshogun96
AG Join Date
July 29th, 2010
Haven't been on Xbox-Scene or seen admins from there in ages. Glad to know that a) you're still around and b) someone is backing the site up.

Shogun

Reactions: Nawa

Make a donation