Welcome, Guest!

Here are some external resources you may find helpful
  • Hello, Guest.

With the recent attacks against members, and lack of care towards their mental health we have started a fundraiser to help fund the life saving charity the Samaritans. Without their support and efforts many people we know wouldn't be alive.

If you're able to help, you can donate via our fundraiser on GoFundMe Link

Thank you.

Xiphos - Xbox one internal controller testing app

FR0ZN

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
Any way to run this?

emoose

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Any way to run this?
Ran fine for me under Win10 2004, just double-clicked the .appx and it offered to install for me:
1613975924183.png
Some parts like the input viewer work fine with my Series X controller, but most of the other parts like stress test/FW upgrade seem to require a "Xiphos" controller, no idea what gen controller that is, OP mentions it being older than 5 years so I guess maybe 2nd gen Xbone controller.

E: in the install folder there's actually a XiphosGreen.appx which has 1.1.1507.0 inside, two builds for the price of one, thanks OP.

E2: So there's actually a way to get a later 1.2103.0.0 version of Xiphos, and with that it seems to do more with my Series X controller, foolishly I selected the "BVT Only Test Pass" which began a FW Upgrade that would fail on the OP version, but seemed to work on the later one, log says "Updating Merlin XXX to Xiphos." so I guess Xiphos is some kind of firmware, FW upgrade took about 5 mins, then it started some wireless tests that failed since I had it connected with USB.

Controller seemed to work fine after this "upgrade", but after unplugging and replugging it just vibrates and doesn't light up, and inputs won't work, RIP. (sync button & Xbox/guide button still makes it flash though, maybe if I had wireless adapter it'd sync up.. guess I'll have to get hold of one now)

E3: So seems the normal FW is "Gamepad", and this test firmware is "Xiphos", there was a "Press Y for Gamepad" choice on the FW upgrade screen, guess if I'd chosen that before unplugging it then maybe it could be restored.. oh well.
My laptops FW seems to connect to it with bluetooth at least, gonna try upgrading it to win10 2004 and hope something shows up there.

Last edited:

FR0ZN

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
Huh, that's interesting - doesn't this file come from an actual XBO devkit?
They work just like that under Windows 10?

sonik

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
sonik
AG Join Date
Mar 15, 2004
This appx works on the console too?

AquaSeaWing

2021 Donator
2021 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
AquaSeaWing
Ran fine for me under Win10 2004, just double-clicked the .appx and it offered to install for me:
View attachment 10533
Some parts like the input viewer work fine with my Series X controller, but most of the other parts like stress test/FW upgrade seem to require a "Xiphos" controller, no idea what gen controller that is, OP mentions it being older than 5 years so I guess maybe 2nd gen Xbone controller.

E: in the install folder there's actually a XiphosGreen.appx which has 1.1.1507.0 inside, two builds for the price of one, thanks OP.

E2: So there's actually a way to get a later 1.2103.0.0 version of Xiphos, and with that it seems to do more with my Series X controller, foolishly I selected the "BVT Only Test Pass" which began a FW Upgrade that would fail on the OP version, but seemed to work on the later one, log says "Updating Merlin XXX to Xiphos." so I guess Xiphos is some kind of firmware, FW upgrade took about 5 mins, then it started some wireless tests that failed since I had it connected with USB.

Controller seemed to work fine after this "upgrade", but after unplugging and replugging it just vibrates and doesn't light up, and inputs won't work, RIP. (sync button & Xbox/guide button still makes it flash though, maybe if I had wireless adapter it'd sync up.. guess I'll have to get hold of one now)

E3: So seems the normal FW is "Gamepad", and this test firmware is "Xiphos", there was a "Press Y for Gamepad" choice on the FW upgrade screen, guess if I'd chosen that before unplugging it then maybe it could be restored.. oh well.
My laptops FW seems to connect to it with bluetooth at least, gonna try upgrading it to win10 2004 and hope something shows up there.
how did u get the latter 1.2103.0.0 version of Xiphos,?

tunip3

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Tunip3
nvm someone else asked, would delete but no function to do so

emoose

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Finally got hold of a wireless adapter, seems to get detected by Windows fine with that, Xiphos gave an "error status 3" message the first time I tried updating as Gamepad, but second time didn't error, and after that the USB now works fine again :)

how did u get the latter 1.2103.0.0 version of Xiphos,?
rg-adguard.net / xwebstore, just searched for "Microsoft.Xiphos" ProductFamilyName and there it was, but tried it again just now and seems it might have been removed :(

FR0ZN

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
rg-adguard.net / xwebstore, just searched for "Microsoft.Xiphos" ProductFamilyName and there it was, but tried it again just now and seems it might have been removed :(
Can you share the package?

emoose

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Can you share the package?
I think it's too recent to link directly here, but the store link from tunip3 above works fine with rg-adguard at least, not sure why I couldn't find it earlier.

Anyway something interesting, the FW update package inside Xiphos is actually v5.7, while the latest FW available inside Xbox Accessories app is v5.5:
RW9MnuW.png

Would like to try some of the Xiphos tests out now I have wireless, but don't really want to risk my SX controller with it again... maybe I'll pick up a cheap OG Xbone controller and try messing with that instead :p

FR0ZN

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
I think it's too recent to link directly here, but the store link from tunip3 above works fine with rg-adguard at least, not sure why I couldn't find it earlier.
Nice, got it!
There is also a version 1.2103.0.70 but it's an Eappx - what are those? Encrypted?

EDIT: I also had a look at 1.1.1507.0 - Windows tells me it's not trustworthy because it's missing a certificate - am I misssing something?

Last edited:

JustAnyone

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
2019 Donator
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
mindaugasgt
AG Join Date
Jul 10, 2018
Nice, got it!
There is also a version 1.2103.0.70 but it's an Eappx - what are those? Encrypted?

EDIT: I also had a look at 1.1.1507.0 - Windows tells me it's not trustworthy because it's missing a certificate - am I misssing something?
Eappx is encrypted, yeah, you should still be able to sideload it with powershell but might complain about mising certificate as well - without it you cannot install that

tunip3

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Tunip3
Eappx is encrypted, yeah, you should still be able to sideload it with powershell but might complain about mising certificate as well - without it you cannot install that
you need the license to install the eappx but the appx file is the same as the store does not allow you to upload any packages with a version that ends in something other than 0.

1.6.9.0 would be fine.

1.6.9.42 would not be.

The eappx is also automatically generated by the store so it is highly likely that they are the same version

FR0ZN

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG Join Date
Feb 22, 2008
you need the license to install the eappx but the appx file is the same as the store does not allow you to upload any packages with a version that ends in something other than 0.

1.6.9.0 would be fine.

1.6.9.42 would not be.

The eappx is also automatically generated by the store so it is highly likely that they are the same version

Thanks for explaining !
And do you know how one could install 1.1.1507.0 ? (That came bunlded with OPs AppX)

tunip3

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
Tunip3
Thanks for explaining !
And do you know how one could install 1.1.1507.0 ? (That came bunlded with OPs AppX)
extract the appx, delete the appxsignature.p7x file, install with powershell