Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Your Favorite Games of this Decade 2010 - 2019

D

Deleted member 12

Original poster
With the new Decade approaching I though it would be cool to share some of our favorite games of this decade. Comment down below your favorite games from this decade :D

My favorite games of the Decade are:
  • Bioshock Infinite March 23, 2013 - That scene in Comstock House when your about to cross the bridge and there is lightning and thunder and the stone carving of the founders. I never have felt my hair stand up and have such a rush of emotions, i can play that scene over and over and my jaw drops at how beautiful and well crafted it truly is. Favorite game of this decade.1576652973950.png

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 - Xbox One port, September 29, 2015 - Not many can agree with this one but for as long as I have been alive THPS has always been one of my favorite franchises, This is one of the few Xbox games i have unlocked every achievement 100 percent. 1576653248825.png

• Pokemon Omega Ruby - November 21, 2014 I have fallen out of the Pokemon interest somewhat but when i heard they were remaking ruby I fell in love again, original ruby is my favorite out of the series and they did such a good job on this.

• Kinect Sports - November 10, 2010 - Cutting it close is Kinect Sport, I really love the kinect and i have a soft spot in my heart for all things kinect, me and my dad played so much of this game, i still play it once in a while!

• Mirrors Edge Catalyst - June 7 2016 - I love the art style of mirrors edge so much and the game play is unlike anything else. I would recommend this game any day.

• Grand Theft Auto 5 - September 17, 2013 - I know Rockstar has a bad reputation in this community but come on, its GTA. I will always love there style of games.

• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - November 4th 2014, me and my brother have days logged into this game, we spent most of our time in hardcore team deathmatch and would troll team mates.
  • Crackdown 3 - February 15, 2019 On my way to 100 percent, Crackdown is one of my favorite series of all time!

Last edited by a moderator:

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
Here are some that come to mind:

Heavy Rain - 2010
Limbo - 2010
Portal 2 - 2011
Star Fox 64 3D - 2011 (note: I feel that this one is worth mentioning even though it's a remake, because I've always been a fan of the 3DS, and this is my favorite 3DS game.)
The Last of Us - 2013 (I've only played the PS4 version)
Alien: Isolation - 2014
Mario Kart 8 - 2014
Uncharted 4 - 2016
Detroit: Become Human - 2018
Death Stranding - 2019
Shenmue 3 - 2019

I haven't finished the latter 2 yet, but I already love them, and I doubt that'll change once I finish them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 12

Amir

Dec 16, 2019
AGName
Amir
AG Join Date
6th November 2015
Got a lot of games in my backlog to go through, but the ones that made the most lasting impression on me were:

Mass Effect 2
DOOM (2016)
Yakuza 0

I didn't get around to playing Mass Effect 2 until 2015 or 2016, and Yakuza 0 after its PC release.

I could not tell you what the main plot of ME2 was and didn't particularly care for Kiryu's plot in Yakuza 0, but the relationships you develop with your characters in the former and the arc for Majima in the latter really drew me in.

Honourable mentions to Sleeping Dogs, Portal 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order and Vanquish.

Not sure if Rez Infinite counts, but playing it in VR and Area X were definitely memorable.

Last edited:

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I'll restrict my list to just the top five, in no particular order:

Watch Dogs
Shenmue III
The Last Of Us
Death Stranding
Minecraft*

*Does this one count, as the full version was released in 2011, though its earliest public test build dates back to 2009? If not, replace it with Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Arcadia

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
May 30, 2019
Donations
£8.55
AGName
Arcadia
I see Shenmue III and Death Stranding mentioned more than once, not bad for two games only released during the two last months of the decade.

Although I do think you're rating these two games higher due to having playing them recently. ;)

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
I'd have to really think, but one off the top of my head is Tetris Effect. I've always liked the games the devs make, and it feels like they've perfected their style with Tetris Effect.

Allie

The Original VF3 Fangirl™
Registered
May 30, 2019
AGName
Anthaemia.
AG Join Date
June 4, 2004
I see Shenmue III and Death Stranding mentioned more than once, not bad for two games only released during the two last months of the decade.

Although I do think you're rating these two games higher due to having playing them recently. ;)

Even though its scale was somewhat compromised by being a (partially) crowdfunded effort, I feel that Shenmue III justified the long wait, and you certainly won't see me complain about the visuals or mechanics not living up to modern gaming standards - that was never Yu Suzuki's goal for this sequel. I can only hope we get to play the inevitable follow-up sooner rather than later...

As for Death Stranding, what can I say except that Hideo Kojima proved he's still more than capable of delivering the goods without relying on Metal Gear as a vehicle for his ideas? Under a less talented and visionary creative mind, this could easily have been dismissed as a glorified delivery/walking simulator, but it instead provides an immersive experience up there with Sony's best.

Spaceman

Donator
Donator
Community Contributor
Registered
Oct 18, 2018
AG Join Date
Jul 11, 2017
Odd ten years. The decline of the innovation in the main AAA industry, the space race for battle royales, open worlds, and cinematic graphics. And yet there's still been some awesome games, incredible franchise revivals, and games simply coming back from the dead due to sheer overwhelming demand.

Crash Bandicoot came back, for fuck sake. I am still yet to believe this.

Even through aggressive MTX, gamble lootboxes, FOMO preying, and all the other shitty parts that come with those practices, I still think these tired old bones can keep hitting the sticks and looking forward to another decade of gaming.

In no particular order of favouritism, listed by year of origin, descending:

Dark Souls (2011)
Old School RuneScape (2013)
Tekken 7 (2015)
A Hat in Time (2017)
Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy (2017)
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled (2019)

Here's to the next decade of video games!

No Good

Jun 4, 2019
AGName
good
AG Join Date
Sep 9, 2010
I just leave it without any comments

The Alliance Alive - 3DS/2018
Black Mesa - PC/2012-2019
Catherine - PS3/2012
Fire Emblem: Awakening - 3DS/2013 (Despite this, I still love it!)
Dragon Quest XI - I've played on PC/2019
SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - 3DS/2013
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - DS/2010

Last edited:

PocketTim

Registered
Jun 24, 2019
AGName
Twimfy
AG Join Date
Apr 10, 2006
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - Gameplay was tight and I really got on board with the story, also it's damn beautiful.
  • Bloodstained Ritual of the Night - I'd never really played a Castlevania-like before and ended up really enjoying this. Story and acting is cheesy as hell but it has an addictive and well balanced gameplay loop.
  • PUBG - Well all might be sick to death of the battle royale formula, but PUBG was my first experience of the format and the only one that has stuck with me. I'm terrible at it but there's not many games that make me need the toilet constantly because of the tension.
  • Robinson: The Journey VR - Not a great game but being an early adopter of PSVR, this was the first "game" for me and not just a 10 minute experience. I finished it in one complete session and it really took my out of reality, hiding from raptors in my own front living room was nothing short of amazing.
  • Sonic Mania - As a massive classic Sonic fan, it was such a delight to have Sonic back in the way I remember him best, and it was done so well.
  • Battlefield 1 - I'm generally not a first person multiplayer person, but my word was this game good. As a history nut I feel like they absolutely nailed it with BF1, the weapons, maps, sounds and the visceral feeling of it all, I've sunk weeks into this game and it's the second of two games I've platinumed on the PS4. It's such a shame that BFV didn't fully follow in its footsteps.

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
My backlog has only been increasing, so I'm mostly playing old stuff; as for the more recent ("recent" = ten years, sheesh... Did I mention my enormous backlog?) titles, I got, in no particular order:
Doom
Portal 2
Escape Goat 1 + 2
are excellent straight-to-the-point puzzle platformers
Stanley Parable (all of them - mod, standalone and demo - are worth a separate playthrough)
Antichamber will tie your brain into a knot

Honorable mentions: Not sure wether I'd call it a "game of the decade" but Postal 2 Paradise Lost was a nice throwback; the very experimental 'Radiator' mod series is something I'd highly recommend if you enjoyed Stanley Parable. And finally, John Romero released multiple Doom wads.

Btw, I'm surprised to see nobody mentioned Zelda BotW, nor any Mario titles besides MK8? No Witcher either? (Full disclosure, haven't gotten around to those, meaning I'm not really qualified to judge, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Last edited:

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
  • Sonic Mania - As a massive classic Sonic fan, it was such a delight to have Sonic back in the way I remember him best, and it was done so well.

Ah yes this one would also be on my list. Especially for a couple reasons:
A large company giving in and letting the fans make the true sequel to one of their best series ever.
They nailed the feeling of being a proper "Saturn" 2D Sonic, which is damn special in its own right, as it was a missed opportunity at the time.
The nailed the gameplay, it's a beautiful playing game
They nailed the graphics. Highly detailed animation galore!

la-li-lu-le-lo

Registered
Jun 13, 2019
AGName
la-li-lu-le-lo
AG Join Date
2-8-2006
I played Sonic Mania for the first time a few days ago. I like it, though I find it to be a little too hard in some parts. I guess they were trying to make it like the Genesis Sonic games in that way, which were also kind of hard. I still like it though, and I especially like the totally new stages.

PopetherevXXVIII

Registered
Jul 9, 2019
AGName
Godofhardcore
AG Join Date
Mar 31, 2007
I had to think.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a game I never stop playing.

I will never get sick of Bayonetta the best compliment I ever got from my mom was "She looks like a female you"

Finally Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 2. I can't wait to replay them again soon
.. On Xbox

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018
With the new Decade approaching I though it would be cool to share some of our favorite games of this decade. Comment down below your favorite games from this decade :D

My favorite games of the Decade are:
  • Bioshock Infinite March 23, 2013 - That scene in Comstock House when your about to cross the bridge and there is lightning and thunder and the stone carving of the founders. I never have felt my hair stand up and have such a rush of emotions, i can play that scene over and over and my jaw drops at how beautiful and well crafted it truly is. Favorite game of this decade.View attachment 4745

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 - Xbox One port, September 29, 2015 - Not many can agree with this one but for as long as I have been alive THPS has always been one of my favorite franchises, This is one of the few Xbox games i have unlocked every achievement 100 percent. View attachment 4746

• Pokemon Omega Ruby - November 21, 2014 I have fallen out of the Pokemon interest somewhat but when i heard they were remaking ruby I fell in love again, original ruby is my favorite out of the series and they did such a good job on this.

• Kinect Sports - November 10, 2010 - Cutting it close is Kinect Sport, I really love the kinect and i have a soft spot in my heart for all things kinect, me and my dad played so much of this game, i still play it once in a while!

• Mirrors Edge Catalyst - June 7 2016 - I love the art style of mirrors edge so much and the game play is unlike anything else. I would recommend this game any day.

• Grand Theft Auto 5 - September 17, 2013 - I know Rockstar has a bad reputation in this community but come on, its GTA. I will always love there style of games.

• Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - November 4th 2014, me and my brother have days logged into this game, we spent most of our time in hardcore team deathmatch and would troll team mates.
  • Crackdown 3 - February 15, 2019 On my way to 100 percent, Crackdown is one of my favorite series of all time!
I sure am glad you were able to enjoy THPS5. I loved that series, I had many of them growing up, and despite all the negative reviews, I still bought it from Gamestop because I really wanted a new Tony Hawk game and I really wanted to like it. But I hated it :/

Anyway.. favorite games of the decade... that's a Hard question...

In no particular order:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 for sure. I played that game way more than I should of.

The Last of Us A masterpiece, need I say more? I actually remember my friend in high school wouldnt shut up about this game. I didnt play it until I got the remastered for free with my PS4 and I couldnt believe what I had been missing!

Fortnite Yeah let's just move along..

Infamous Second Son & First Light DLC I was really into the infamous games for a bit. This game was actually the reason I bought a ps4. I platinum-ed the dlc and got like 80% on the main game. Just started replaying them recently and they still look really good.

Breath of the Wild of course, that game was fantastic.

Mario Oddesey I always thought of it as the "botw of Mario. Some of the worlds were so big and full of secrets, it really was kind of like an exploration game at times.

Pokemon Sun & Moon These games in particular, I thought were quite unique from the series at the time. Personally, I had a lot more fun than I usually do with a Pokemon game.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Yeah so a lot of people didnt like this game, but I actually really enjoyed them. I thought the pokeball plus controller worked really well for the game, the HD rumble and the sound effects in the pokeball controller felt really good, and it felt like I was a pokemon trainer. Short and sweet little game.

Sonic Mania This game was a huge surprise to me. I loved it. Very nostalgic, but also just a fun game on it's own with a decent amount of new content

supersega

Donator
Donator
Registered
Nov 25, 2019
AGName
supersega
AG Join Date
Jul 25, 2014
Ah shucks, this is gonna be hard...

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu: It was Nintendo's experimental game for the Switch, where they learned how to make the next games better. At least that's what I like to think, it made the old Red story feel brand new again, and I got reacquainted with all the Pokemon from that series.

A Hat in Time: Let's be clear here; I HATE platformer games. But this one I love, it's just so happy and innocent. Lots of fun stuff to make you laugh and an overall great story line that's easy to follow and fun to play along with. Not to mention the music is other-worldly.

ARK Survival Evolved: Actually, you know what, this one isn't half bad. It feels rushed and the constant barrage of new additions makes it a bit glitchy, but the premise is super fun and can take up lots of your time.

Aaaaand that seems to be the only 3 games that are new that I have played this decade.

OH WAIT!

Borderlands 2:
I almost forgot about this one. Again, great story line, easy to play, mechanics are tried-and-true, lots of humor... plus the cell-shaded graphics add a certain "dingyness" to the game that just goes along so well with its premise.

cta

Registered
Jun 7, 2019
By the way, with all the Pokementions - What's everyone think about Pokeymen Go? While short lived, it was huge for some time. Y'all forgetting about it just because you're not seeing it on your shelf?

And on that topic, what about other titles that weren't on any of the "normal" systems? Anything noteable? Just saying, Flappy Bird came out in 2013 - and we've come a long way since then. I bet there's at least a few that deserve recognition.

speedyink

Registered
May 31, 2019
By the way, with all the Pokementions - What's everyone think about Pokeymen Go? While short lived, it was huge for some time. Y'all forgetting about it just because you're not seeing it on your shelf?

Never played, not into mobile games.

I think these round off my list..Probably missing a couple, and also not including some that probably deserve to be on here but I just never got around to playing them enough to put them here (The Last of Us for example, great first impressions but I'm no where near done it):

Breath of the Wild: It's obvious the effort that was put into this game. I never thought I'd enjoy another Zelda game as much as Ocarina of Time. I mean I liked other Zelda games but I reeeally like OoT, and same holds true for BotW.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze: This game plays just how a DKC game should. The graphics are great, the level design is great, and the music is..well it's David Wise and he's hitting on all cylinders in this game.

Detroit: I've been a fan of Quantic Dream games since Heavy Rain. That initial PS3 tech demo just took me away. Sure the game wasn't quite as epic but the stepping stones were there. Enter Detroit, this game does an awesome job at balancing story telling and gameplay.

Guilty Gear X/Dragonball Fighterz: Both these games are on this list for one reason: Style. You already know what I mean, but damn these games are just full on sex for my eyes, not to mention they're also just fun fighting games.

Mario Odyssey: Come on, it's a 3D platformer Mario game that lives up to examples like Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy. Tight gameplay, fun transformation mechanic, and enough variety in the worlds to keep me interested in them.

Shenmue 3: This is breaking my rule, I haven't played this near as much as I should to list it here. It's on this list for these reasons. It's continuing a story that people got invested in 18 years ago. It's proving that fans of certain series can expect the unexpected, even if all hope is lost. From what I've played, it's fully embracing its past games, making it feel like it fits right in with the series and that we never had an 18 year gap at all. While it may not be the best game of the decade, it's one of the most important ones.

Last edited:

Pinta77

Donator
Donator
Registered
May 31, 2019
AGName
Pinta77
AG Join Date
February 27, 2018

And on that topic, what about other titles that weren't on any of the "normal" systems? Anything noteable? Just saying, Flappy Bird came out in 2013 - and we've come a long way since then. I bet there's at least a few that deserve recognition.
I wasnt counting mobile games. Yeah, Pokemon Go was a big deal. Still has a decent number of active players.

One mobile game I thought was good that I played a lot was Fire Emblem Heroes.

Make a donation