Here are some links you may find helpful

Saturn Z-Treme Engine

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
He is just saying it in a snarky way that if you start a project and don't finish it you are doomed to repeat the same mistake with other projects.

While it is unfortunate you are no longer working on the Sonic game, I will say this one is still a highly impressive endeavor and has my full support.

XL2

Registered
Jun 26, 2019
AGName
XL2
AG Join Date
20-07-2017
He is just saying it in a snarky way that if you start a project and don't finish it you are doomed to repeat the same mistake with other projects.

While it is unfortunate you are no longer working on the Sonic game, I will say this one is still a highly impressive endeavor and has my full support.
I don't owe anything to anyone, so if he wants game XYZ, he can do it himself.

Anthony817

Community Contributor
Registered
Jun 2, 2019
AG Join Date
May 12, 2010
I won't argue with that! Is there enough assets from the demo versions for somebody to build upon it?

I don't own a Saturn, and wouldn't be able to dedicate the time to it as I am a prolific Battlefield 2 modder and developing my 3rd total conversion mod now so that eats up much of my free time. Just curious if enough was there for somebody else to pick up the reigns.

I am more or less just following progress of the engine as it is extremely impressive what you are achieving here on the Saturn hardware. I might have to pick up another one eventually again.

JackalSpat

Jun 2, 2019
Have you ever considered doing some kind of "remake" of Doom with your engine? Saturn Doom is a travesty.

I wasn't claiming you owe anyone anything, nor was I making any comment about Z-Treme reflecting on any other projects you chooses to invest your time in. (I don't know how anyone would interpret that from my comment?)

I was only commenting about the scads of Sonic fanatics who won't let it go and are completely ignoring the project you're currently investing in.

Last edited:

XL2

Registered
Jun 26, 2019
AGName
XL2
AG Join Date
20-07-2017
I won't argue with that! Is there enough assets from the demo versions for somebody to build upon it?

I don't own a Saturn, and wouldn't be able to dedicate the time to it as I am a prolific Battlefield 2 modder and developing my 3rd total conversion mod now so that eats up much of my free time. Just curious if enough was there for somebody else to pick up the reigns.

I am more or less just following progress of the engine as it is extremely impressive what you are achieving here on the Saturn hardware. I might have to pick up another one eventually again.
I shared the whole code - expect for the map converter since it sucks, but I shared my model converter's code which could be slightly modified to turn it to a map converter - so there is more than enough for anyone to continue this project.
In fact, if you just download the code from here : https://github.com/Maxime-XL2/SONIC-Z-TREME
To be able to compile the game, you just need to do the following :
1) Download and extract the folder somewhere on your computer.
2) Go to Project/Sonic Z-Treme/
3) Double clic on compile.bat

It will create a brand new iso.
You can open the code with Codeblocks or even notepad.
It's that easy.
If someone gets somewhere with it, I might give him/her a hand, but I don't intend on re-picking up this project.

XL2

Registered
Jun 26, 2019
AGName
XL2
AG Join Date
20-07-2017
Spoilers for the demo I will submit for Sage in 2 weeks :

Attachments

• dynamic_lights2.png
    dynamic_lights2.png
    493.5 KB · Views: 0