• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zer0-2k11's Mod Shop

Hi everyone,

Store is officially fully back open. I was open for a brief time, but due to a family emergency, I had to leave on short notice and didn't back till the 1st. I sincerely apologize to anyone I didn't make it back to in time.

Phantom Stock Update:
Phantom Universal is currently out of stock, but should be here anyday now

Hi! Two questions :

For the Sega Saturn chip, when you say not to have the disk tray open because it disables the chip, I need precision : does it prevent the chip from working forever or not?

And for the Sega Saturn BIOS, I have one I did not buy here, but how do I know if it is SMD version or not?

Hoping to pick up some chips, sent a PM and private mail but no reply.. want a few things when you have a minute thanks

Hi! Two questions :

For the Sega Saturn chip, when you say not to have the disk tray open because it disables the chip, I need precision : does it prevent the chip from working forever or not?

And for the Sega Saturn BIOS, I have one I did not buy here, but how do I know if it is SMD version or not?
Hi Simon,

Only temporary until you turn off your Saturn.

Best way to find out without disassembly is looking at the AC Input connector on the back of your Saturn and matching your connector with the image below. Early Models 1 that use a DIP bios will have a T shaped AC Input connector and Later Model 1's that use SMD will have a rectangular connector (Identical to the North American Phat PS1 and PS2 AC input). All Saturn's with round power and reset buttons (Model 2) use SMD.

Hoping to pick up some chips, sent a PM and private mail but no reply.. want a few things when you have a minute thanks
Sorry for the late response. PM sent :).

Hi Simon,

Only temporary until you turn off your Saturn.

Best way to find out without disassembly is looking at the AC Input connector on the back of your Saturn and matching your connector with the image below. Early Models 1 that use a DIP bios will have a T shaped AC Input connector and Later Model 1's that use SMD will have a rectangular connector (Identical to the North American Phat PS1 and PS2 AC input). All Saturn's with round power and reset buttons (Model 2) use SMD.

Thanks! But I was talking about the chip, are there different ones whether for DIP or SMD? (I have a model 2 console, so it uses SMD).

Just a quick thank you.

Ordered a Phantom and a couple of BIOS chips (SS and DC). Sent my order request on the 10th and paid on the 11th. Package arrived in the UK today. Seller, very communicative and helpful.

Just finished modding my Saturn this evening. Used hot air to remove the stock BIOS, tinned the pads and then used hot air to drop the new chip into place. Went very smoothly.

Phantom install is very simple.

Screwed it all back up and off to play some serious Panzer Dragoon now. Night all.

Hello

I am interested in purchasing the mod chip for a sega saturn.
I am not sure how to send a PM so I am posting here.

Thanks

PM'd and you got back to me about some Phantom Chips and Sega CD BIOS Chips, would like to fulfill the Order when you get some time, thanks

How does one PM in this forum? I can't find the relevant button for the love of my life

How does one PM in this forum? I can't find the relevant button for the love of my life
Click on the users name and choose "Start a Conversation". I'll probably make a tut thread with pics considering a few have had troubles pm'ing.