• We have added an "AG" Registration date/Username profile option. If you add this upon signup we'll be able to verify faster thanks. (If already joined you can edit under profile settings.)

If you had an account on OG1 you will need to re-register as this is a new start for all.

WTB A full beta version of the NFS3 (Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit)

VEG

Reaction score
AG User Name
VEG
AG Join Date
Jun 22, 2017
I'm working on a patch for the Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit:
http://veg.by/en/projects/nfs3/
I had discovered that early beta versions of the game had 4 times better textures:

These examples are from leftovers in the beta demo version of the game, so it has only one track. I'd like to find a full beta version with all original big textures and make a mod which will make possible to use them in the release version of the game. So, the game will look like it was planned to be. I suppose that the developers reduced texture sizes because of memory limitations, but it is not a problem these days. This mod will be published and anyone will be able to install and use it. But at first, I need to find a full beta version of the game. I'm ready even to buy just a copy (without a CD) if anyone has such version of the game.

Early beta versions of the game were looking like this:

This screenshot was taken by someone on a full beta version of the game. As you can see, the HUD is way different from the release version. High resolution textures aren't used here, but probably they were among leftover files on the CD.

Last edited: