• We have added an "AG" Registration date/Username profile option. If you add this upon signup we'll be able to verify faster thanks. (If already joined you can edit under profile settings.)

If you had an account on OG1 you will need to re-register as this is a new start for all.

ASSEMblergames.com Archive: bug testing

EDIT: Since posting this we have decided to convert the custom system to XenForo 2.1 as it's easier to manage and enables search.
1561708840665.png

As announced awhile ago, we've built a database of all AG posts/threads thanks to Alpha and many other AG members who put help in.

This is now live at https://assembler-games.com/ but is only static, i.e you cannot login so no personal data is included nor private messages.

A few sections don't currently work, and the category's aren't shown right in the breadcrumbs, 0th bit also isn't fully added yet but it should be usable. If you find any bugs please let me know thank you!

Avatars aren't currently added, but will be in time. you may get the odd 500 error, if you do just refresh after a minute or so and it'll load. Search features will also be added in time.

Thanks again to everybody for helping!

Regards,
Damien/Demon

EDIT: Known bugs/issues.
  1. Few pages time out due to a PDO bug.
  2. Search is being coded from scratch.
  3. A cache is being added to speed up page load times.
  4. Everydrive forums was imported wrong and threads need manually changing but are all there.
  5. 0th bit needs manually importing with the last few posts of value from the live AG site.
  6. Avatars are being added. Least those that had public profiles, we couldn't grab from private profiles sadly.

Last edited:
Damien
I still don't know how I feel about making private posts public. Seems like people would be mad if it happened anywhere else.
You mean 0th bit? Honestly at this point some info locked in there should be made public. Maybe not all but most should be fine.

You mean 0th bit? Honestly at this point some info locked in there should be made public. Maybe not all but most should be fine.
There are a few posts there that the users posting them chose to put in the 0th bit for privacy reasons. Similar to a group PM if you will.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about personal privacy. Not valuable information for the public, just personal stuff one might not want readily available online.

Last edited:
Yep. Im not saying delete it from your backups, but maybe not have it public facing. Have someone have to ask you about something that may be in it. Private communications are tough. Im no stranger to digging through private emails, but I also am selective about how I share it and try not to incriminate certain people.

There are a few posts there that the users posting them chose to put in the 0th bit for privacy reasons. Similar to a group PM if you will.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about personal privacy. Not valuable information for the public, just personal stuff one might not want readily available online.
Agreed. Would need to be selectively picked through. I have read through most there back when I first got access and can see that some does not need to be made public.

Good job guys. Small suggestion: How about batch-converting all the relative timestamps ("today", "two hours ago" etc) to absolute ones? Seeing how they're already obsolete, and won't be updated anyways.

Re: 0th bit being public - that stuff is also in the dumps available on archive.org and elsewhere, so it is already out there for everyone to read. This right here is simply a convenience thing for easier browsing, so imho might as well just leave it in.

I still don't know how I feel about making private posts public. Seems like people would be mad if it happened anywhere else.

We spoke about this on discord at the time, We agreed anything personal i.e logins/personal information would be removed/redacted from the public live version. Mind you the posts are still in the multiple backups posted here/archive.org and other places.

We also left it to users to decide and nobody had any issues with the content being made public as long as personal info was removed.

Just a thought... maybe this is kind of random. Between this site and this back up site, are the costs under control? I'm not sure what the costs are or if you would want to share them or not, but if they're a bit expensive, we could get a patreon going to help cover it.

Will there be a way to download the backup for offline viewing/preservation? Like a torrent or something?

Also, I suggest a dark theme!

There has been some new post in The 0th bit section I am archiving it as we speak.
Thanks, I grabbed those the other night just need to convert them into sql is all.

Just a thought... maybe this is kind of random. Between this site and this back up site, are the costs under control?
Costs currently aren't an issue, we're spending around £25/month currently for both servers, we're planning to create a none profit group for OG in the near future so this'll work into the plans for keeping the site alive for for foreseeable future.

Will there be a way to download the backup for offline viewing/preservation? Like a torrent or something?

Also, I suggest a dark theme!
We've posted the archives in this thread: https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/assemblergames-backups.23/ there's a few different formats :)

Dark theme should be doable on the archive, would need to find a way to set the style sheet via cookie or something.

EDIT: Dark theme added via a cookie switcher thing, it'll jump on page load but once loaded it'll stay that color for 30 days.

Last edited:
Wow... that archive thingie is cool!
I have only one question: is there a chance of adding a search bar of some kind? Because, for example, I don't want to scroll all pages in "Downloads" forum searching for one specific thread...

Wow... that archive thingie is cool!
I have only one question: is there a chance of adding a search bar of some kind? Because, for example, I don't want to scroll all pages in "Downloads" forum searching for one specific thread...
Hey,
Sorry for missing this had no laptop past week.

A search system is being worked on along with some minor bugs, I added known issues to the first post the other day to keep track thanks :)

Ps, Welcome to OG!

It's in there, just surprisingly far back on page 10
ref. https://assemblergames.com/threads/la-li-lu-le-los-collection-and-setup-thread.44482/