Welcome to Obscure Gamers

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

ASSEMblergames.com Archive: bug testing

EDIT: Since posting this we have decided to convert the custom system to XenForo 2.1 as it's easier to manage and enables search.
1561708840665.png

As announced awhile ago, we've built a database of all AG posts/threads thanks to Alpha and many other AG members who put help in.

This is now live at https://assembler-games.com/ but is only static, i.e you cannot login so no personal data is included nor private messages.

A few sections don't currently work, and the category's aren't shown right in the breadcrumbs, 0th bit also isn't fully added yet but it should be usable. If you find any bugs please let me know thank you!

Avatars aren't currently added, but will be in time. you may get the odd 500 error, if you do just refresh after a minute or so and it'll load. Search features will also be added in time.

Thanks again to everybody for helping!

Regards,
Damien/Demon

EDIT: Known bugs/issues.
  1. Few pages time out due to a PDO bug.
  2. Search is being coded from scratch.
  3. A cache is being added to speed up page load times.
  4. Everydrive forums was imported wrong and threads need manually changing but are all there.
  5. 0th bit needs manually importing with the last few posts of value from the live AG site.
  6. Avatars are being added. Least those that had public profiles, we couldn't grab from private profiles sadly.

Last edited:
Since it doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet: Custom avatars are broken. How about rolling those that should have an image back (but only show an image-not-found-placeholder) to having the single-letter-standin for the time being, until they're implemented?

Would you look at the mess the converter made of the quotes in e.g. this post... Like he didn't even get the boundaries correctly

Just registered here but I can not reach the assemblergames archive and i dont see any of my assemblergames message in my profile. Normal ?

Error 522 connection timed out

Is the archive offline? :eek:
Just registered here but I can not reach the assemblergames archive and i dont see any of my assemblergames message in my profile. Normal ?

Error 522 connection timed out

I'm going to guess it has to do with what is at the top of this page:
We're currently facing issues with our network provider, France has currently gone dark but Canada/London servers appear to be running ok. The CDN is currently down and we're unaware when it'll be back. You may notice attactments/images break during this time. Nothing is lost and backups are already taken.

I'm going to guess it has to do with what is at the top of this page:

I tried multiple times and it never worked... Probably time to fix that bug which is everything but normal. Do i have to change my location via a VPN or any other way to reach it ?

If the whole CDN (Clownflare) is down as claimed, it doesn't matter where you're (appearing to be) coming from.

Use archive.org instead, it's up and also has the advantage of the posts being properly formatted/rendered - something the OG AG archive has been struggling with. (If I'm honest, I've pretty much given up on it.)

If the whole CDN (Clownflare) is down as claimed, it doesn't matter where you're (appearing to be) coming from.

Use archive.org instead, it's up and also has the advantage of the posts being properly formatted/rendered - something the OG AG archive has been struggling with. (If I'm honest, I've pretty much given up on it.)

The CDN is only used for pics and static content. The posts should be managed by the webite.

I will check archive.org

CF caches only the static content, but everything still goes through it. Afaict you'll never contact the actual server directly. Part of their horribly invasive DDOS protection scheme.