• Hey, Guest!

XenForo 2.2 is coming soon, it's bringing many new features such as a PWA app for OG etc. It also comes with the drawback of more costs to update themes/some addons. It'll also remove access to some older browsers which'll suck but these shouldn't be used as their security sucks.

With the costs already looming we decided to improve OG's look with a new fancy theme that gives OG a more gamer feel. This has cost us only slightly more than it would have cost to renew the current theme and runs alot nicer.

You can beta test it here: Linky. (Please note only dark is live, light will come once issues are ironed out.)

If the current theme breaks on update we will end of life it, but we'll make something looking similar based on the default free theme so don't fret!

Going into 2020!

4801_1.png

As you may well be aware by now - unless you live under a rock - the year 2020 is upon us. With the new decade will come many changes, features and goodies to OG as a whole! In this post, I wanted to outline some of the things we have been working on behind the scenes, potential changes and new features coming to OG in 2020.

Merch!
To the surprise of me and some of the other staff members, one of the most requested additions to the site is OG branded merchandise. I have been hard at work on designing a plethora of goodies ranging from shirts, coffee mugs, lanyards, mouse mats and more! We are currently investigating methods to integrate merchandise to certain tiers of our Patreon page, but will also be selling merchandise individually to users who want to get something as a one-off purchase. I want to make it clear that users that do decide to purchase merch from our store will not recieve any special privileges over other users to keep things fair.

Social Integration
We want to further integrate our various platforms (social media, YouTube, Discord) into the website to make OG feel more like a complete service. How exactly we will go about this is still being investigated.

To the polls!
Several new website features are being tested behind the scenes, and in the early new year, we are eager to poll these ideas to our users to see what you all think. Of course, no new features or changes will be implimented without the support of you - our user base.

Content creation
YouTube is something many of us want to expand upon in 2020. We are looking at ways for users to be able to post content to our YouTube channel and possibly other forms of social media. I have been working on some new branding to increase our individuality as a brand, including a new YouTube intro and various stylized OG logos and branding.

Continued preservation
As many of you may well know, Demon has been hard at work researching and developing new ways for users to preserve and save the many, many gigabytes of data OG has now helped to preserve. In 2020 we plan on having more storage available, and the ability for users to save their rare content directly to the OG archives for preservation.

Thank You!
2019 has been a fantastic year for OG, and we couldn't have done it without you, our loyal users. Going into 2020 we extend our promise to be an open and democratic platform and will continue to take user feedback and suggestions onboard. We are commited to preserving and showcasing all of the unique sofrware and hardware available and believe all users should be able to contribute. Special thanks to the OG staff for keeping the platform safe and secure.

Happy holidays!
-Alex

Attachments

Last edited:
Morphic

Comments