Welcome, Guest!

Here are some links you may find helpful

Request how to remove stickers without damaging the product ?

s8n

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
s8n
AG Join Date
hi guys , i have a issue while not being a video game it still poses a problem when people buy them. Ok so i bought locally a music CD (still waiting to get it) and it has a green sticker on the front of the Digipak.

i was wondering what is a really good method that will not de-value it and leave residue or any other nasties.

sepul refuse.jpg

ItsMeMario

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
ItsMeMario
AG Join Date
Feb 11, 2014
Use a hairdryer, beeing sure not damaging the acutal "paintjob" on the cover.

Heat will often easily remove stickers + its glue.

Always "dangerous" when paper is under the sticker. Like, using water or nail polish etc.

liana_s

Donator
Donator
Registered
Donations
£10.00
Reaction score
AG User Name
liana_c
hi guys , i have a issue while not being a video game it still poses a problem when people buy them. Ok so i bought locally a music CD (still waiting to get it) and it has a green sticker on the front of the Digipak.

i was wondering what is a really good method that will not de-value it and leave residue or any other nasties.

View attachment 11790
I would recommend Isoporopyl alcohol (IPA) and some cotton buds. I recently removed some stickers from PAL Sega Saturn cases, with no issues. :)

As this has a protective layer on top of the paper, I recommend taking some cotton buds, dipping them generously in the IPA and dabbing the sticker with the IPA until it is moist.

After a few minutes, take new buds, with more IPA, make small circular movements at the edge of the sticker and the paper will turn pulpy/will start to come away. The glue will turn into a slimy consistency and can again, be given a once over with clean buds for a perfect finish.

Leave the cover to air for a bit, just to be safe. :)

Hope this helps!

L

Reactions: s8n

s8n

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
s8n
AG Join Date
hi guys and gals , sorry for the lateness. Your responses are appreciated , i got the CD about 2 days ago and weighed up your tips and knowledge. So i compiled it and thought for a bit.

yes there seems to be a protective layer and from my experience with certain types of surfaces and stickers they will just come off with no hassle and damage. I did rub some IPA on another ruined Digipak as a test and it came up really well. So tried the first method and it came off with ease , my next approach was going to be the hair dryer and IPA method but i got lucky the first time.

thanks for your tips guys , i can use them on future CDs and DVD's

keep rockin

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6