• Good day, Guest!
    Flowers in Chania

OG is raising money to form a non profit community interest company enabling us to preserve more history than ever before!

Unfortunately, like most things in life this is going to cost money and we're asking for some help from the community. All users will be given donator status, along with early updates and depending on how much you help us with we'll try to chuck in some free merch!

This will cost us roughly $850 for two years including business address/phone number etc which is needed to register a business bank account within the UK.

You can help us by making a custom pledge, or by making a general pledge as it all helps us greatly. We're happy for a one time donators via Ko-Fi, Patreon asks monthly so please be aware. To prevent charge backs we're unable to accept Paypal at this time. Although once live this will be sorted too!

One time donations can be sent via our Ko-Fi,

Or for monthly please visit our Patreon, Ko-Fi is preferred as they charge us less fee's. Become a Patron of Obscure Gamers!
  • The Obscure Gamers 2020 Light and Dark themes are now live! Please report any bugs and make any suggestions you may have to a member of staff.

Playstation Home back to life. In a need of a new HDK.

atomic83

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Hi eveyrone.

Today is a special day for PS3 users, some very talented PS Home enthusiast actually successfully bring Home back to life using an offline mode.

Look the results:

1573497830162.png
1573497869885.png

It is compatible with RPCS3 and DEX PS3

For now we can only loads beta version of the Harbour studio, the square home and the theatre.

All of those improvements comes from a tool named: HDK (Home Development Kit)

But the version we have is outdated and can only work with .BAR files (which is a tiny baseline) and as such, can't load the contents present in the archive that was taken in 2015.

That's why we need your help.

1573498128247.png

Having a more recent HDK would allows us to load ANY maps and have a complete offline HOME experience.

Hope you will help us to bring this fantastic experience back again on PS3s and PCs.

The curent HOME version working with the HDK we have is 0.89.

Don't hesitate to join this discord server to share files or to spot the project status: https://discordapp.com/channels/621722473695805450/628653830501957662

Last edited:

hermesconrad

2020 Donator
2020 Donator
Refugee
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
hermesconrad
AG Join Date
11/july/2019
Good to hear and look forward to more progress, I'm keen to have a tutorial regarding the existing hdk and home builds that work if possible. Cheers

Frogger

AG Refugee
Refugee
Reaction score
AG User Name
FuckinFrog
AG Join Date
Jun 16, 2017
AMAZING!!! I have the most recent version of Playstation Home on my PS3 as well as a bunch of the game unlockables but I can't really mod my console without the risk of having my main account banned. Any ideas on how I could rip this stuff for all of you? (If it's even something that you guys need)

LainIwakura

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
I don’t know how useful I can be since I’m no developer but I have a DECR-1000A Reference Tool so if ya need Me 2 mess with stuff I can try

DeViL303

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AMAZING!!! I have the most recent version of Playstation Home on my PS3 as well as a bunch of the game unlockables but I can't really mod my console without the risk of having my main account banned. Any ideas on how I could rip this stuff for all of you? (If it's even something that you guys need)
There are a few ways. You could do a system backup. Then install HEN and use an FTP app to dump everything. Then after you have dumped everything you could reinstall OFW twice, then restore to factory defaults, then restore the backup.

TBH you would not even need to do all that. While FTP is running you could just go in and delete everything related to HEN on hdd, that will not be much as you will not have used it for anything. Then remove the FTP app and reinstall OFW twice.

Also you could make sure to never sign in or even use the important account during the whole process.

Last edited:

Walter White

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
gtp
AG Join Date
July 21st, 2014
ALSO!!! IF ANYBODY HAS THE OLD NORTH AMERICAN CENTRAL PLAZA .BAR FROM PLAYSTATION HOME BETA, please upload it here so that we can integrate that as well. <3

The Central Plaza we currently have for the offline mod, is the UK version.

Last edited:

HI_RICKY

2019 Donator
2019 Donator
Reaction score
AG User Name
HI_Ricky
AG Join Date
Jun 7, 2007
discord link not work , what the server name ?

Last edited:

MASTER260

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
AG User Name
MASTER260
Eh, I got locked out of my original PSN account, (which I played PS Home with back in the day,) and had to make a new one and I had worked on my PS Home Avatar a lot on the old one. Also, it was fun cuz it was online and I hung out with a friend on it a lot, especially when they had the E3 room every June. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be the same for me...

Buggy

Registered
Registered
Reaction score
Hey ! Nice to know that you are working on such a big and beautiful project :D
I would like to join your Discord but the links do not work and the last one has expired ^^ Do you have a permanent link ?