• We're currently facing issues with our network provider, France has currently gone dark but Canada/London servers appear to be running ok. The CDN is currently down and we're unaware when it'll be back. You may notice attactments/images break during this time. Nothing is lost and backups are already taken.

Fundraiser Ralph Baer Documents Fundraiser

Ralph Baer, the father of the first video game console the Magnavox Odyssey, left behind a treasure trove of documents after his unfortunate death in 2014. Curt Vendel of the Atari Museum acquired nine [bankers] boxes of documents with permission and is now seeking Gaming Alexandria's help to scan and release them!

Total mailing costs will be around $25 per box so will (for sending and returning) total $450 ($25 x18). If goal is not met, we will either have to try and scrape together funds from other sources of cut back on the number we are shipped.

CONTACT @RetroRomper or RetroRomper#2684 on Discord TO MAKE A DONATION

Funding:
-
Amount Raised: $0
Amount Remaining: $450

Damien

Comments

@Damien, you need a better way to accept donations. It's always so convoluted... Can you not just list a public Paypal address or something? Some of us have the money, but having to do all these workarounds is asking too much effort to give for it.

@Damien, you need a better way to accept donations. It's always so convoluted... Can you not just list a public Paypal address or something? Some of us have the money, but having to do all these workarounds is asking too much effort to give for it.
This one's not being run by us, this one's being run by GamingAlexandria another presrevation group we're working close with in the future. Our stuff is still being worked on but seeing as we're close with GA we linked this for them.

This one's not being run by us, this one's being run by GamingAlexandria another presrevation group we're working close with in the future. Our stuff is still being worked on but seeing as we're close with GA we linked this for them.
I understand now and I hope to not divert from the topic too much. But it seems like any time you've asked for donations it's through services or avenues that are so convoluted that some feel frustrated and give up in the process. You are the supposed replacement for Assemblergames and we have begged for a way to support that absolute idiot in the past being completely ignored in the process. We can help you if you give a direct line.

I understand now and I hope to not divert from the topic too much. But it seems like any time you've asked for donations it's through services or avenues that are so convoluted that some feel frustrated and give up in the process. You are the supposed replacement for Assemblergames and we have begged for a way to support that absolute idiot in the past being completely ignored in the process. We can help you if you give a direct line.
Understand the frustration there, we're still waiting for our CIC's bank to be setup upon completion of paperwork sorting. I've been behind as a ton of other stuff has popped up that needed sorting first.

Once the bank is sorted we'll have a public paypal/bank transfer setup in place for anybody wishing to support us. For the time being we've been using Ko-Fi as you can pay directly to us then. Patreon have gotten greedy so we'll be phasing that out once the main issues are resolved.

For the time being we've been using Ko-Fi as you can pay directly to us then. Patreon have gotten greedy so we'll be phasing that out once the main issues are resolved.
For the record, it was the first time I'd ever heard of Ko-Fi and I was pleasantly surprised by how simple it is as well as "efficient" as it takes no cut off the top of the donation. I'd say it's a good option to keep in the future, along with others that people ask for like paypal.

Also, its also not showing who has donated. People would be more inclined to donate if they saw other people doing it. I donated within the first hour of being posted and no one has updated it.