Think AssemblerGames was bad? Meet RetroCollect.com!

Demon

Super Moderator
Website
www.obscuregamers.com
Just when you thought nazi run AssemblerGames was bad a new contender jumps in the ring. That is RetroCollect.com!

RetroCollect.com was a site I joined in 2011 to buy and sell some retail stuff along with to research Sonic games I was collecting.

I haven't been active there for awhile as they didn't show enough care when I reported their database had been stolen and was for sale on the web. (They did email users but not quick enough.) I had 19 posts there, and made 2 threads tonight with content adding to their site. I also made a couple of posts to gain access to the market. I'm not sure when they done it but they added a 25 post rule. as you know, I had 19.

Anyway, Some overlord there banned me for it.

I emailed them also mentioned it's rather unfair as I was also the one to help them when they got hacked and didn't know. It's not like they have many posts so I decided to help out. Just like when they got hacked..

Looking at the site tonight I can see they're still running phpBB 3.0.x which is insecure and open to attack. So a warning, do not join the site unless you want your password stolen again. They're also not using SSL meaning any passwords can be intercepted. A really bad thing to do and a requirement by google since early last year.

I think this will be the last time I'll contribute to their community. Clearly the owners don't care about the users or the protection of them.

Wombat

Gold Member
*sigh* sorry to hear this Demon! Small bit of comfort, the marketplace over there isn't exactly thriving so you're not missing out on a whole lot of action. It seems a lot of marketplace transactions are moving to active Facebook groups nowadays. That being said, I hope they overturn their banning decision.